Windows 10: deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive

Discus and support deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a dual boot system with win10 on C. and win8 on D. I deleted windows dual boot and returned D to a normal drive. Apparently I didn't do it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tkraft11, Jul 16, 2018.

1. tkraft11 Win User

deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive

I had a dual boot system with win10 on C. and win8 on D. I deleted windows dual boot and returned D to a normal drive. Apparently I didn't do it properly and I have all the windows folders that I cannot seem to set permissions properly to delete. I either get error cannot delete because of trusted installer or system. I have attempted to alter permissions to administrator so I can delete the deprecated folders to no avail. How can I remove these folders as they take up a large quantity on my D drive.

:)

tkraft11, Jul 16, 2018

2. 2nd Drive Files not Showing in Quick search

Hi all,

Background: I'm running Windows 10, anniversary update; with two physical drives, each also shown as a logical volume (C and D).

Issue: When searching from the Start menu, files on my C drive show up, however the ones on D do not.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

• Verify that the 2nd Drive (D) has indexing enabled
    • Verify that the folders on the drive also have indexing enabled
    • Rebuild index
    • The files DO appear when searching the 2nd drive via Windows Explorer, but NOT through the start search
    Is this a known issue, and what steps can I take to resolve this?

Teknophile, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jul 16, 2018
  4. deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive

1. deleting old windows from 2nd windows installationon D drive - Similar Threads - deleting old 2nd

2. Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive: I have completely removed OneDrive and everytime I open File Explorer it looks for the account folder in my "D:" drive. I used to have a school account stored on there, but I no longer use this account and want it completely removed. I have unlinked the PC and it converts it...
  3. Windows 10 d drive accidentaly deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 d drive accidentaly deleted: Hello,Yesterday i was cleaning my pc and deleted d drive, so everything that i have had on dekstop. I then went to trashcan and renewed all the files, but i still cant use them. Everything that is on desktop i cant open. Files are there but pc freezes when i try to open them....
  4. Windows 10 d drive accidentaly deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 d drive accidentaly deleted: Hello,Yesterday i was cleaning my pc and deleted d drive, so everything that i have had on dekstop. I then went to trashcan and renewed all the files, but i still cant use them. Everything that is on desktop i cant open. Files are there but pc freezes when i try to open them....
  5. Windows 10 d drive accidentaly deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  7. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  8. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive: I transferred a D drive with an old WindowsApps folder used for Xbox Game Pass to a new computer. When I tried to put the D drive as the default save location it gives me error code 0x80070005. I've already: Made sure my time zone is correct Tried to delete in Safe Mode...
  10. Windows delete the file and folder from D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows delete the file and folder from D drive: Hi, Today while doing some work with my window laptop it asked for reset for update. After upgrading windows become fresh amd my D: fully formated and my all files lost i had 10 G of data in D drive. How to recover . Windows.old is empty !...