Windows 10: Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

Discus and support Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles. I had reason recently to make a change to one of my wireless network profiles and discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mb300e, Oct 30, 2016.

1. mb300e Win User

Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

I had reason recently to make a change to one of my wireless network profiles and discovered that I have dozens of profiles listed that are no longer used. They include hotels, printers and other miscellaneous network items.

Can the older unused ones be deleted from the registry without creating a problem?

The only ones that appear in Settings are the ones in current or recent use. If I only had a few to do, I would do it from a DOS window, but I have dozens. *Eek

Thanks, Peter B.

:)

mb300e, Oct 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 (And perhaps 8.1) persistent wireless profile.

Win10 (and 8.1, if memory serves) automatically deletes unused wireless profiles after a certain amount of time. I get it, and 95% of the time I agree with it.

But, I occasionally bring my Surface to work. Sometime between visits, it deletes the profile, and I have to manually set it up again.

Anyway to keep selected preferred networks persistent? Or even just turn off the automatic deletion?

EDIT: spelling error in title. Sorry. Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles. ;)

JordanCClark, Oct 30, 2016
  3. wifi and bluetooth not working after upgradition to windows 10

I see. Have you already tried deleting the wireless network profile?

To delete a wireless network profile in Windows 10:

• Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.
    After this, you may try reconnecting it and see if it helps.

Michelle Vil, Oct 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles. - Similar Threads - Deleting older unused

2. Deleting unused services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting unused services: I run Windows 11 on a Dell laptop. I found some services left by a program I've since uninstalled. The services are disabled; is thereany way to delete them entirely from the system?...
  3. Wireless network profile changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless network profile changes: I am running Win10 build 19041 and all of my wireless network profiles are automatically configuring to public and the option to change to private is not working, as if there is a setting somewhere that is locking out that option to change. Before I start deep diving into my...
  4. Delete unused wifi network

Delete unused wifi network: I have a Wi-Fi network that I no longer use and have replaced with a nest. However, it still connects and interferes. How do I remove an unused network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-unused-wifi-network/151cd121-3bd9-4cb7-b212-a68ce8e89b82
  5. how to safely delete unused user profiles on windows 10?

how to safely delete unused user profiles on windows 10?: hi, my C drive is full to the brim: [ATTACH] and I also noticed that for some reason I have loads of accounts. I should only have three: [ATTACH] my question is: 1. is it safe to remove the old profiles? 2. will removing the old profiles affect my current profile? 3....
  6. Wireless network adapter gets deleted

Wireless network adapter gets deleted: Windows 10 keeps deleting wireless network adapter on my Asus X540LA. This issue gets me mad because I need to set up it again and again. Please is there any fix to set it up forever?...
  7. Can not delete fake wireless networks

Can not delete fake wireless networks: These are NOT local networks. Been here 10 years and have never had one pop up before. Now I have 13 in one night. They don't show up in control panel (even the ones I want don't show). If I uncheck start automatically the check box comes back. When I have wireless networks...
  8. permanently delete a wireless network

permanently delete a wireless network: When I power up my laptop it connects to a network, that I don't have (xfinitywifi). I have deleted the profile, to no avail, I get to my network by cycling my wireless. Its really annoying. Thanks in advance for your help. 32149
  9. Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10: How to: Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Add a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 A wireless (Wi-Fi) connect to a wireless network. When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will automatically create and add a profile for the wireless...
  10. Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10: How to: Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Delete a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will create a profile for the wireless network. A wireless (Wi-Fi) network profile contains the password key,...