Windows 10: Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just read a post on which partitions to delete when installing Windows 10. I tried to delete the System drive (549 MB) but it is still there. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R.F.M., Apr 1, 2019.

1. R.F.M. Win User

Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro

I just read a post on which partitions to delete when installing Windows 10. I tried to delete the System drive (549 MB) but it is still there. There is a partition 1 left along with it. Did I do something wrong or should I be formatting the drive so that there is just one huge drive?

:)

R.F.M., Apr 1, 2019
  2. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro

Boot windows installation within a partition?

Damnit, I knew thats what you wanted with your first post! I deleted my post because JMCSLOB confused me lol.

Hm, if you Follow this guide (Replace words "flash driive" with 160GB hard drive) How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 or Vista USB Drive for both partitions and then to do a dummy install of windows 8 on the last part of the HDD it should give you the option to boot Windows 7/8 Installer or boot into windows 8.
    Edit: On step 4 you will want to make sure you size the partition correctly... or you can use the windows gui tool in control panel.

Once you get that far you can just delete windows 8 from the boot menu using MSCONFIG and delete the partition.

slyfox2151, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro

1. Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Deleting Partitions Before

2. Deleted Partition in installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Partition in installation: Hello, I was trying to format my disk to install a clean install of windows 10. However, when I formatted the C drive, all my other partitions were lost and they all became unallocated space. Is there any way to save those files. I'm really desparate because they were...
  3. Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...: Yes, it was stupid. Is this going to be a problem to correct? The C: drive is the only encrypted disk and it is working. I had three partitions showing in Disk Management shown from left to right as 100 MB, 435GB and 500mb. The 500MB was listed as RECOVERY. I deleted it...
  4. Partitions Dilemma before Clean Install

Partitions Dilemma before Clean Install: Hi! I was just about to do a clean re-install of Windows 10 (Pro/64), but got stuck/confused with my partitions: why are there two recovery partitions on Drive 0? Can I delete both/any? How would I find out which Recovery partition is the current/active one? (Going by the...
  5. Windows 10 Pro install partitioning

Windows 10 Pro install partitioning: I have downloaded both the August and November 2018 editions of Windows 10 and found that these install disks will not partition the drive correctly during installation. I can't even change the formatting for the efi partition to FAT32. As a matter of fact, the Windows...
  6. Create a partition before installing Windows 10?

Create a partition before installing Windows 10?: I always created a partition on a wiped drive before installing Windows Vista, 7, or 8/8.1, because otherwise an extra partition was created. Now I'm going to install Windows 10 on a wiped drive. Is it best to create a partition before installing or allow Windows to manage...
  7. Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10

Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10: I have a top spec HP Envy DV6 i7 laptop which had Windows 7 on it then upgraded to windows 8 then Windows 10. I have noticed that recently the machine has become really sluggish and Cortana is not working not matter what I try. I have decided to clean install Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 deletes partitions

Windows 10 deletes partitions: Hay, i want to ask something. I have windows 10. I installed it recently. Before installing it, i installed 8 other versions of windows (from windows 2000 all versions up to windows 8). All of those 9 windows installations are on the same hard drive. Untill i installed...
  9. Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10: Hi, Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. I looked around but couldn't find a thread with the same problem or a solution. Anyways, I have been trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Acer Switch 10 2-in-1 because my Windows 8.1 fails to boot and it doesn't let me...
  10. format partition before installation

format partition before installation: Hi there, I did a clean install of windows 10 (previously i had windows 7 64 bit) and when asked me where to install windows 10 there were the options 1) the partition where i had windows 7 110 gb ssd and 2) system reserved ~100 mb. I want to know if there is a problem or...