Windows 10: Deleting partitions from boot

Discus and support Deleting partitions from boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does my drive get wiped of i delete all partitions and format from the new windows install with usb? submitted by /u/VishVadeva [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VishVadeva, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Deleting partitions from boot

Does my drive get wiped of i delete all partitions and format from the new windows install with usb?

submitted by /u/VishVadeva
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VishVadeva, Aug 16, 2020

2. /boot Partition?

[Solved] /boot Partition?

Ok, I like playing around with multiple operating systems so I tend to have a few installed at a time. My issue is related to the bootloader. Every new Linux OS I install installs its own version of Grub. That's fine until you delete that partition.... *Bang Head :banghead:

I was thinking about creating a small (ie ~50MB) partition that /boot will reside on. This way I can have one copy of Grub that would boot my several OS(s) depending on what they are. I think this is a good idea so I can delete one OS's partition and still be able to boot the other OS(s).

Unfortunately, I am not an expert with bootloaders and I'm not really sure how /boot has to do with booting. Can someone tell me how feasible my idea is? I'm looking for a way to have multiple OS(s) but only one bootloader so when I delete one OS, the bootloader will still be intact.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice is appreciated! *Smile Deleting partitions from boot :)

angelkiller, Aug 16, 2020
  3. /boot Partition?

If you have a newer CPU, I would suggest using some Virtualization software.

Virtual machine software that's free like Virtual Box or a "to buy" one like Vmware...

You can install, mess with and even straight up destroy OS's in a nice, safe little sandbox, and it doesn't hamper a thing *Wink Deleting partitions from boot ;)

Dippyskoodlez, Aug 16, 2020
  4. okidna Win User

Deleting partitions from boot

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Deleting partitions from boot boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Deleting partitions from boot

1. Deleting partitions from boot - Similar Threads - Deleting partitions boot

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. Deleted windows boot partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted windows boot partition: Hello everyone, I had windows 10 installed on my laptop, it was not activated btw , for some reason i switched to manjaro linux and i chose to erase all the data in my disk , now I wan't windows back , I can't find it on the boot menu .How do i get it back ??...
  5. Deleted boot partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted boot partition: 250GB NVme with the system - boot 2TB Nvme - data 8TB sata dynamic disc 2x 4TB sata ssd drives - slower data. This drive was getting full so I got 2 14TB sata drives to create Raid 1 backup When I added the drives and got in to motherboard Raid Array configuration new...
  6. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot: [ATTACH] Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete the second EFI partition I created during the Linux installation [twice - once Kubuntu and once Manjaro]. When I used...
  7. Recover deleted boot partition

Recover deleted boot partition: I accidentally deleted all partitions on an SSD including the one a Windows install was on. I've recovered the partitions using Partition Assistant and all the data/partitions are there, but the SSD is no longer bootable - it just goes straight to the 'Windows could not...
  8. Deleted one boot partition

Deleted one boot partition: Hi, I am hoping someone can help with a simple solution? I used to have 2 bootable Windows 10 partitions on the same hard disk, as I needed two totally separate logins/operating systems. When booting, I was asked which one I wanted to boot from and all was good....
  9. Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.: The other day i deleted my EFI partition along with one other, the reason for this is because i was trying to get a Ubuntu dual boot to work. Before doing this i knew i was going to brick my windows installation. But now i really need to get my windows partition back up and...
  10. Deleted recovery and boot partitions; can no longer boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted recovery and boot partitions; can no longer boot: I used MicroTool partition manager to delete the extra partitions on an OS drive with win10 (leaving just the main C partition on the drive), and now the laptop will not recognize the SSD with the OS on it, and obviously cannot boot. I also tried using the bootable partition...