Windows 10: Deleting personal data on w10

Discus and support Deleting personal data on w10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys My friend wants to give away her oldish laptop to Daily Mail to help scvhool children, and asked me how to delete personal data. I told him... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Deleting personal data on w10

Hi Guys

My friend wants to give away her oldish laptop to Daily Mail to help scvhool children, and asked me how to delete personal data.

I told him that I use the startt/settings/update & security/recovery but he reckons that does not comepletely CLEAR ALL.

Any advice please

:)

frenchman96, Jan 23, 2021
  2. rk3066 Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Hi, so i made a W7 Partition with W10 Partition. I was wondering IF this W7 doesn't BSOD on my Graphics Driver like W10 has, can i somehow delete the W10 Partition and Extend the W7 Partition? I know i would probably have to use the setup USB stick to repair the W7 Boot

My SYSTEM:

ZOTAC ZBOX-AD04 PLUS+4GB RAM+648GB HDD

rk3066, Jan 23, 2021
  3. michael Win User
    Need to know Best Recovery Software to recover shift+Deleted data

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

Yesterday I shift deleted some of the data from my desktop from my 256GB SSD.
    I need to recover them,

Please suggest my the best software to recover it.

Thanks.

michael, Jan 23, 2021
  4. R-T-B Win User

Deleting personal data on w10

Has everyone read: Reasons We Share Personal Data section in Windows 10 Microsoft Privacy Statement

Bullshit. 2 step verification and purchase orders requires an account of course, but virtually everything else can be performed with local data storage in the browser. Companies don't want to do this of course, but it is possible.

R-T-B, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Deleting personal data on w10

1. Deleting personal data on w10 - Similar Threads - Deleting personal data

2. Help deleting personal data from a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help deleting personal data from a laptop: Hi! I have the laptop from the company I work for and I have sometimes used it as if personal, in particular: checking my personal email, social media accounts, download personal documents, etc. Nothing too serious to "hide" but still personal stuff. I will not continue to...
  3. Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?: It says that apps will be uninstalled, including my games. Will the data files for the games be deleted too? Or will I be able to reinstall the game and keep my data? I want to back it up to another drive but I can’t transfer 500gb in less than a couple hours with this POS...
  4. Data deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data deleted: Can data be recovered which is deleted while making new partition while installing windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-deleted/59d0f478-775f-4666-b39f-b36d028ba3dc
  5. wipe personal data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe personal data: I upgraded my HP desktop to windows 10 from windows 7. I now wish to give it to a charity but need to wipe my personal data. I have tried going through settings - recovery - reset but the computer was unable to make any changes. Initially it seemed to be working but then...
  6. Saving My Personal Data

Saving My Personal Data: When my computer dies or shuts down, it wipes everything. This is a new occurrence that's happened within the past three days; I've had my computer for 3-4 years now. My computer shut down on it's own two days ago, and when I turned it back on it had set me back to default...
  7. personal data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personal data files: How do I remove permanently personal data files and passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-data-files/b7112e2d-94f9-4114-8509-011233545df8"
  8. delete data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete data: I am sending this computer back to HP for repair. How can I delete apps, programs, folders, passwords, etc. to protect private information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-data/fdbeba1c-1c40-4fec-b9b3-7514299beac8
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data

Microsoft Windows 10 Update Deletes Personal Data: It seems that after the last update I have lost data. I have noticed that I lost Photo folders I am not sure for other data. Thank you in advance...
  10. Data & Personal Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Data & Personal Protection: According to Computer Active, a magazine I have just bought, on page 7 they state that "AVG has issued an updated privacy policy that appears to grant the company the right to harvest and sell on data collected from users of its popular 'free' av tool, including browsing and...