Windows 10: deleting photo from random slide show screen saver

Discus and support deleting photo from random slide show screen saver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have many thousands of photos and use them all in my Random Slide Show Screensaver. But occasionally one pops up that I REALLY want to delete. On my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebraT1, Aug 14, 2019.

1. DebraT1 Win User

deleting photo from random slide show screen saver

I have many thousands of photos and use them all in my Random Slide Show Screensaver. But occasionally one pops up that I REALLY want to delete. On my old computer, the file name and path showed in the upper left corner, so I could easily find it and delete it. But the path and name no longer show and I have no idea if there is some way I can easily locate a random photo so I can delete it.

:)

DebraT1, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Truly random screen savers

I use the Firehand Ember screen saver (company no longer exists sadly as it still my favourite photo viewer so I can't ask them) and it draw images from my database of photos - thousands of them! It means that we occasionally get treated to slide shows of photos we haven't looked at for years.

The problem however is that the selection is not truly random. It seems to have a preference for certain photos or groups of photos, so the random function is not truly random.

Is there a better screen saver or alternatively a way of ensuring it is random.

Sigurd, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Rotating/Slide Show Screen Saver for Windows 10

Dear "KA",

The above works well, however, before the recent Windows 10 upgrade, the slide show from my Pictures folder combined (at random it seemed) many photos so that they filled the screen in an "album" fashion.

This was a good way to see many photos at once. However, after the recent upgrade I have lost this facility and can only generate single photos. How can I (re)activate the multiple photo-album-type slide show?

LesWilliamsNZ, Aug 14, 2019
  4. afarr008 Win User

Screen Saver Slide Show Full Screen

I have a screen saver slide show created with my own personal photos. Up until this past Sunday, the slide show has always been full screen. Now it is showing photos in slide show with a 2 1/2 inch black bar on each side of photo.

Would like to know how to get my screen saver slide show back to full screen. Have tried changing resolution but that changes everything but photos in my screen saver slide show.

This change seemed to happen after an update on Sunday, December 17. The update was for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KF4058043).

Would appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

afarr008, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. deleting photo from random slide show screen saver - Similar Threads - deleting photo random

2. Shuffle Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuffle Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10 you had the option in a folder containing photos to begin a slide show and enable 'shuffle' and 'loop'. Is this feature available in Windows 11? All I can currently find is the non-shuffle slide show by opening a photo and clicking in the top right corner....
  3. Shuffle Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shuffle Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10 you had the option in a folder containing photos to begin a slide show and enable 'shuffle' and 'loop'. Is this feature available in Windows 11? All I can currently find is the non-shuffle slide show by opening a photo and clicking in the top right corner....
  4. Photo screen saver's shuff lacks of randomness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo screen saver's shuff lacks of randomness: How do I improve the "randomness" for shuffling pictures when Photo is chosen as the screensaver? It always start at the same photo and then I saw certain photos quite frequently than others......
  5. Photo slide show

Photo slide show: How do you override the slow, fast, and medium speed for advancing photos in a photo slideshow. I need them to advance at a specific speed that I set manually? How to do it?...
  6. Screen saver retrival of slide show photos

Screen saver retrival of slide show photos: Can any one please offer me so help suggestions with this--I am try to get my screen saver currant photos up to look thru them.. Tried all most every thig with no luck.. Would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks--Dave...
  7. Photo Slide Show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Slide Show: In Windows 10, I have files in Pictures/My Pictures. How do I create a slide show from the photos in any file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-slide-show/7dfaca2c-6868-4e1c-9519-17a0f2abc3af"
  8. photo album slide show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo album slide show: What is the number limit of photos in an album to create a slide show? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album-slide-show/7254434c-161d-4a09-a6f6-8cc5750590bc
  9. Screen Saver slide show works and then quits

Screen Saver slide show works and then quits: I have a few personal photos set up to show as a screen saver. When I preview the settings all is fine. When screen saver starts, it runs through the photos and then the screen goes black with a message about an error stopped screen saver from running. It doesn't tell me what...
  10. Slide Show Screen Saver Error

Slide Show Screen Saver Error: I've been using the Slide Show Screen Saver for a while now but recently a problem cropped up. The slide show would run for about 5 minutes or so but then it would freeze on a picture for a bit and then the screen would go black with a "An error has stopped the slide show...