Windows 10: Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

Discus and support Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi reader, I recently downloaded a number of photos from iCloud onto my Windows 10 PC. I have shifted the photos into my Pictures folder and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DWG4, Nov 27, 2019.

1. DWG4 Win User

Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

Hi reader,

I recently downloaded a number of photos from iCloud onto my Windows 10 PC.

I have shifted the photos into my Pictures folder and I am now trying to delete these photos from the iCloud Photos folder within the Downloads Folder

However, i cant delete any of these jpegs from the iCloud Photos folder.

Is there a permission i need to over rule?

Thanks,

D.

:)

2. m1xed0s Win User

Prevent iCloud Photos Folder Being Auto-Created?

I have iCloud for Windows v7.0.1.210 on Windows 10 version 1703. I only enabled iCloud Drive and web bookmark sync features. But somehow the iCloud Photos folder is created automatically every time I open the iCloud setting after I deleted it manually, especially annoyingly it got added to my Quick access list inside File Explorer.

BTW, anyway to remove the iCloud icon from system tray on windows 10?

m1xed0s, Nov 27, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10 :)

justinmreina, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

1. Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleting photo's Videos

2. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  3. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  4. Icloud photos not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  5. Icloud photos not downloading

Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  6. How to delete photos from within the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete photos from within the Photos app.: In earlier versions of Windows I was able to view photos one after another by clicking or tapping the right arrow. When I ran across one that was blurry, I could delete it from within the viewer without having to return to Windows Explorer.Now with the Windows 10 Photos app I...
  7. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  8. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  9. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

10. Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10: Hi there, I have an iPhone that syncs photos to iCloud. I also use the iCloud for Windows app to automatically download my photos from iCloud to my Windows 10 laptop. Until recently, all was working fine. Since about a month ago no photos are downloading from iCloud to the...