Windows 10: Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

Discus and support Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok I've got a new computer and it says my onedrive is nearly full but when I delete a folder from onedrive it deletes them from my pictures too??? Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mckissockj1, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

Ok I've got a new computer and it says my onedrive is nearly full but when I delete a folder from onedrive it deletes them from my pictures too??? Help please.

:)

mckissockj1, Apr 12, 2019

2. Delete photos on Onedrive? WP8.1.

Hey thanks for elaborating the issue.

Actually the way you are accessing are the sync folders in Photos app.

Either you can open the pick and it will display an option "Open with One Drive" and then you can delete the pic.

OR

The steps i mentioned previously are to be followed when you open the "OneDrive" App in your mobile directly rather than going via Photos App.

So OneDrive APP ->Pictures->"Your One Drive albums"-> Open an album ->Click on "Select option"-> Check the images you want to delete->Click on "Trash" Icon.

Hope this works

Thanks

rocky459---01, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

Delete photos on Onedrive? WP8.1.

Thanks for the replies but neither of them work.

This is a phone running Windows 8.1.

Go into Photos.

Click Albums at the top of the screen to see all your albums.

Scroll down and you'll see two online albums - Facebook and OneDrive.

Tap OneDrive to go into it. You will see all your OneDrive albums.

Now, in here there is no trash icon?!? There is no multiple selection tool. It is no longer possible to delete photos on OneDrive from inside Photos. The only way I can delete them now is to go into the OneDrive App and there I can delete pictures but
    I can't do it from inside the Photos App any more?!?

Paul_Boland---01, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

1. Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!! - Similar Threads - Deleting photos onedrive

2. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?: I deleted lots of things recently because ondrive was almost full but noticed some things on my pc were put on the recycle bin which I fortunately could retrieve but why would some things be removed from pc and some not? I played a game after deleted lots of files on onedrive...
  3. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?: I deleted lots of things recently because ondrive was almost full but noticed some things on my pc were put on the recycle bin which I fortunately could retrieve but why would some things be removed from pc and some not? I played a game after deleted lots of files on onedrive...
  4. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive: I'm using: OneDrive, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Android Phone Samsung S8I have my photo gallery on my phone synced to my Onedrive. After syncing my albums I toggled one OFF so that I could delete it from my phone but keep the photos on my Onedrive. When I deleted the album...
  6. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive: I'm using: OneDrive, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Android Phone Samsung S8I have my photo gallery on my phone synced to my Onedrive. After syncing my albums I toggled one OFF so that I could delete it from my phone but keep the photos on my Onedrive. When I deleted the album...
  7. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

8. I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app

I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app: In the Photos app, there are 4 pictures and a video that I cannot delete or view. When I try to view them it says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted," and when I try to delete them it says "We couldn't...
  9. Files from onedrive still there and can't delete them.

Files from onedrive still there and can't delete them.: Hello I recenlmy deleted onedrive because i wasn't really a fan of it. Everything i stored in whichever folder I selected also stored in the ondedrive folder. I deleted onedrive an the folder is still there but whenever i install or download anything, even though onedrive...
  10. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Unable to delete pictures from Photos app: I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem. ***Modified title from: MS photo app. can't delete pictures.***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive deleting pictures phone

2. delete photo in one drive also deletes photo on computer win 10

3. can i delete photos on computer now theyre on onedrive

4. deleting one drive delete doucuments,
  5. if i delete files on my pc will they also get deleted in onedrive,
  6. if i delete a photo from one drive with it delete from my hard drive,
  7. if i delete photo from one drive does it delete from my phone,
  8. if i delete a photo on one drive does it also delete from my pc,
  9. will deleting photos fron One Drive delete them from my computer,
  10. guru123guru123@outlook.come onedrivphotose,
  11. does deleting photos delete them from pc folder delete them from onedrive?,
  12. how to delete photos in one drive without deleting in google photos,
  13. deleting files from onedrive deletes them from computer,
  14. how to view as list on onedrive photos delelte photos from onedrive,
  15. android deleting photos from phone deletes in onedrive app