Windows 10: deleting picture files on usb

Discus and support deleting picture files on usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just recently got this new computer with windows 10. On my previous computer I could view pictures from an SD card via a usb drive and delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GailDvorchak, Sep 27, 2019.

1. deleting picture files on usb

I just recently got this new computer with windows 10. On my previous computer I could view pictures from an SD card via a usb drive and delete the ones I did not want. How can I do this on Windows 10. Its automatically showing them on a media player with no option to delete. I can go into pictures to access and download them, but there is no way to delete them from the SD card. HELP! you have not made this simple.

Gail

:)

GailDvorchak, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 27, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. spapakons Win User

deleting picture files on usb

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

deleting picture files on usb [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

deleting picture files on usb

1. deleting picture files on usb - Similar Threads - deleting picture files

2. USB files, deleted and replaced with random files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB files, deleted and replaced with random files: I just wanted to access my USB stick for some files and I just found theseI have tried deleting them , but no success. Trying to make a folder with the same name creates the same files but with different charactersHow can I get rid of them?...
  3. USB files, deleted and replaced with random files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB files, deleted and replaced with random files: I just wanted to access my USB stick for some files and I just found theseI have tried deleting them , but no success. Trying to make a folder with the same name creates the same files but with different charactersHow can I get rid of them?...
  4. USB files, deleted and replaced with random files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. pictures file was deleted by one drive

pictures file was deleted by one drive: Hello on May 26,2020 I activated one drive syn in doing so all my pictures in my pictures file were gone or deleted some how , also other files folders when missing . What I got was a green check mark on the file and nothing in it. I had 20 years and over 20,000 photos all...
  6. Pictures deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures deleted: So I was trying to find some old pictures I saved but when I opened the Pictures folder all of them were gone. I never deleted them and no other files have been deleted as far as I can tell.I'm not sure how long it's been since they were deleted so. I've tried going into...
  7. Delete Account Picture

Delete Account Picture: GO TO THE FOIL FOLLOWING LINK AND PERFORM THE STEPS: https://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-User-Account-Picture-in-Windows-10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-account-picture/5c134a06-9c59-4f02-a1ad-cf0ce9f22828"
  8. Deleting Background Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting Background Pictures: Hi, I have a picture in my background that I want to remove. If I go browse - it's not there, If I select the picture in "choose your picture" - it's there How do I remove it totally?...
  9. how to recover deleted files on usb.

how to recover deleted files on usb.: How do I recover deleted files on usb Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-deleted-files-on-usb/2d0e0bf7-7256-4ba3-a22d-6e060682f26e"
  10. Anniversary Update Deleted My Pictures Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Deleted My Pictures Files: Yesterday I did the new 1607 [14393.10] update and today noticed my Pictures folder is empty. Other things like My Documents and that sort of thing are as they were and untouched. I used Disk Cleanup right after the update and fear those pictures may have been part of the...