Windows 10: Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

Discus and support Deleting Previous windows data from C drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have reinstall window 10 in my laptop but the old data is also there with the folder name windows.old . I want to delete but I can't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ravi_Shah_8176, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

Deleting Previous windows data from C drive. 96c122f0-e19c-46fc-8e44-06ac40ace3aa?upload=true.png
    I have reinstall window 10 in my laptop but the old data is also there with the folder name windows.old . I want to delete but I can't do this . My C drive storage is going out of capacity . Anyone please help me with this issue.

Suppose if I have done this will , it affect my windows and activation keys of my window.

:)

Ravi_Shah_8176, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Deleting Previous windows data from C drive. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Delete synced and favorites data

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you want to delete irrelevant data stored in the Computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disk Cleanup.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
    • If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.
    • If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
    • Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.
    Method 2: Clear Favorites data.

• Click Start
    • Click Computer
    • In the address bar, paste this location: %userprofile%
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Make sure you have a Favorites folder listed in the
      %userprofile%
      folder
    • Right click on the folder, select open and you can delete the data listed under the folder.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

1. Deleting Previous windows data from C drive. - Similar Threads - Deleting Previous data

2. Deleted C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted C drive: Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with a big fuckup I made. I recently got a new ssd and transferred the OS onto it. Seeing how I was using the new ssd. I deleted my old C drive. Now I cannot log into my computer. I get a the choose keyboard layout screen. Not sure...
  3. Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.: I have reinstall window 10 in my laptop but the old data is also there with the folder name windows.old . I want to delete but I can't do this . My C drive storage is going out of capacity . Anyone please help me with this issue. Suppose if I have done this will , it...
  4. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

Deleting ProgramData files on C drive: Hello I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related articles but they didn't recommend to delete them. But in ProgramData folder, there are many subfolders of Softwares that I had...
  5. Tiny C: drive, humungous 'Data' drive

Tiny C: drive, humungous 'Data' drive: Before the new update I started getting messages about low space, and I have a 1TB hard drive. So I started checking around, shocked that I was getting these messages. I found that my C: drive was less than 200GB and a 'Data' drive was over 900GB. How does this happen, and...
  6. "Delete previous version of Windows"?

"Delete previous version of Windows"?: After recently updating my Windows with the August update a few days ago, I'm getting a question on my computer now to delete my previous version of windows, because I'm low on storage space. Just wondering if this is a safe and recommended thing to do? Thanks....
  7. Storing data on Drive C, versus Drive D

Storing data on Drive C, versus Drive D: I have 1.22GB of 118GB available on the C Drive of my 2016 HP laptop, where everything gets stored by default. So pretty close to maxed out. But my D Drive has 854GB of 918GB available. How can I shift everything to the D Drive? Could making such change cause the laptop to...
  8. How to delete users from C:\ drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete users from C:\ drive: Hi, I have searched available option from the community but could not happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-delete-users-from-c-drive/54706a6c-a5a6-4a18-b2f6-c0dbe7893ff7"
  9. GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive: Newbie to the Windows 10 world. I just purchased a 6 TB drive, plugged it into my Windows 7 computer, and it worked fine for a system backup using Macrium prior to the Windows 10 conversion. Now am converted to Windows 10, and reading that I need the large drives converted...
  10. Deleting previous windows partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting previous windows partition: Hi, I just upgraded my laptop from windows 8 to win 10. The free upgrade of course did not delete my files from window 8 so I went ahead and installed windows 10 on to my USB and booted from it for a clean install. While installing win 10 however I managed to do it on my C...