Windows 10: Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

Discus and support Deleting ProgramData files on C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IbrokhimBakhtiyorov, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

Hello

I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related articles but they didn't recommend to delete them. But in ProgramData folder, there are many subfolders of Softwares that I had uninstalled before. So, can I delete subfolders of deleted softwares at least?

:)

IbrokhimBakhtiyorov, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

While working in the elevated Console Environment, try these commands:

md C:\Junk

move C:\ProgramData\Battle.net C:\Junk

Now reboot, then delete the junk folder.

Frederik Long, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Naiya7623 Win User

Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

Is it safe to delete hidden files on the C Drive?

Files like ProgramData, WindowsApps and all the other hidden files on the C Drive in Windows 10?

Naiya7623, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

1. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive - Similar Threads - Deleting ProgramData files

2. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData: I found a hidden file named 11aa-27B9C597AD296D2F.log in C:\ProgramData and can't delete it. It appears to be some kind of office document. There is also related hidden documents in the C:\ named 1a-27B9C597AD296D2F.log, invoice-27B9C597AD296D2F.txt, and...
  3. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData: I found a hidden file named 11aa-27B9C597AD296D2F.log in C:\ProgramData and can't delete it. It appears to be some kind of office document. There is also related hidden documents in the C:\ named 1a-27B9C597AD296D2F.log, invoice-27B9C597AD296D2F.txt, and...
  4. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Found large files in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found large files in C:\ProgramData: Hi,I stumbled upon several large files 2 GB -13 GB in C:\ProgramData on our Domain Controllers 2012R2, 2019.the file names are a mixture of letters only and have no extension.roughly the same time these files were created, I also found .csproj files.Does anyone have an idea...
  6. Found large files in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found large files in C:\ProgramData: Hi,I stumbled upon several large files 2 GB -13 GB in C:\ProgramData on our Domain Controllers 2012R2, 2019.the file names are a mixture of letters only and have no extension.roughly the same time these files were created, I also found .csproj files.Does anyone have an idea...
  7. Accidentally Deleted C:/ProgramData/Windows Defender/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted C:/ProgramData/Windows Defender/: I accidentally deleted the windows defender folder from program data and now windows defender won't start up again. Ive tried manually installing an update but that doesn't work. Do I have to copy the folder from a different installation of windows to get it to work again?...
  8. Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution

Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution: Hi, Need some technical help and advise, is it safe to delete files both in "c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution"? Will it post any technical problem after deletion? Example Windows OS corrupted?...
  9. Delete files C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete files C Drive: I have 6 files in my C drive. I am wondering if I can delete. If I can, what is the best way to do this? Such as in Safe Mode. See picture I have run the Disk Cleanup and rebooted and they are still there. I have Windows 10 Pro 2004 [ATTACH] I believe they were put...
  10. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\: I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account...