Windows 10: Deleting "protected system" fonts

Discus and support Deleting "protected system" fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When will you take protection off the multitude of foreign fonts most of us have no use for? There's no reason I should have to eat up facilities with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LawfulPopcorn77, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Deleting "protected system" fonts

When will you take protection off the multitude of foreign fonts most of us have no use for? There's no reason I should have to eat up facilities with a hundred or more fonts I will never use ever! How 'bout some action? Why are they protected in the first place? What is your reasoning?

:)

LawfulPopcorn77, Aug 14, 2019

2. Windows 10: Unable to delete fonts (protected systems)

I found a way to delete the system protected font Comic Sans MS.

• Open up regedit
    • Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts
    • Make a note of all of the names of the fonts that you want to remove
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes
    • Create a new string key for each font name that you will delete and set the Data to the name of the font that you want to replace it with.
    For example, I removed "Comic Sans MS (TrueType)". I added a new key "Comic Sans MS" and value "Arial". I did this for all 4 comic sans fonts.

• Then go back to the Fonts section and delete the keys for the fonts that you no longer want. The font files will still be on the hard drive but windows will no longer use them.
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy a life free of ever seeing Comic Sans again!

I can make a simple program to automate this if there is enough interest.

Do be careful if you are deleting fonts that the system actually uses. It worked with comic sans because it really isn't used by the system. Don't go deleting Segoe UI.

Chad Hansen, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Unable to delete fonts (protected systems)

I have followed the suggested procedure exactly but still receive the same message to the effect that the font(s) in question cannot be deleted because it is a "protected"font!

BillPriceTR, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Deleting "protected system" fonts

Windows 10: Unable to delete fonts (protected systems)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

The system fonts cannot be deleted and it is protected, you can delete the fonts which are downloaded from the website.

Hope it helps.

Suvarna Govinda, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Deleting "protected system" fonts

1. Deleting "protected system" fonts - Similar Threads - Deleting protected system

2. Deleting a font

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a font: Hey, so I downloaded a font and for some odd reason, some pages on google will use that font and it's hideous to read. I wanted to uninstall it but when I go to Settings > Personalization > Fonts. The uninstall option for it is not even there... I tried all sorts of methods...
  3. System font

in Windows 10 Customization
    System font: How do I change the background w10 font that shows up when W10 first opens on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-font/d8d1a0a1-a404-4589-80be-29ad9b7e4ea9
  4. Which Windows 10 system fonts can be deleted?

Which Windows 10 system fonts can be deleted?: Similarly to a user from 2016, I'd like to keep only the most essential fonts from Windows 10. I have narrowed down through trial and error to the following: Arial Courier New Courier Prime Courier Regular Fixedsys Regular HoloLens MDL2 Assets Regular Segoe MDL2 Assets...
  5. How do you delete system-protected fonts?

How do you delete system-protected fonts?: Hi there: this happens to me most times Windows updates to a new version—I wind up with a new set of fonts. For reasons which I won’t go into here, I dislike Arial, and in the old days of Windows 7, and even the last Windows 10 I had version 1909? I managed to get rid of...
  6. delete fonts that are not default

delete fonts that are not default: I have installed too many fonts and every graphic software is slow to load. I know how to delete a single font, but I don't know which one is a default font and which is not. I would like to know if there is a way to remove all the fonts but the default ones. Thanks...
  7. System Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Protection: This is what I see in part of the System Protection menu: [ATTACH] What to do with the 2 folders Win 10 Pro 64-bit C: Missing and why do they appear in the list? Willy...
  8. delete protected fonts

delete protected fonts: how do you delete protected fonts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-protected-fonts/04a0e34e-ece6-4632-86be-7409df8fa85c
  9. Deleting fonts

Deleting fonts: Is there a way to delete a font in windows 10 build 9860? I used to delete fonts in win8 and win 10( previous build) by right clicking and delete but the new build will not allow to do that. 2611
  10. Delete all installed fonts (except system fonts only)

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete all installed fonts (except system fonts only): Hello, I wonder if I can delete all fonts, but keep the system fonts (which available when we install a clean windows 10. I notice that there ware about 200-250 fonts, but now is over than 1200 fonts) ? p/s: If you wants these fonts, I can send you *Wink [img] 50392

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i disable system protected font

2. how do you delete microsoft protected system fonts in Windows 10

3. delete protected system font

4. delete protected font windows 10,
  5. delete system protected fonts windows 10,
  6. because it is protected system font,
  7. delete protected system fonts in windows 10,
  8. delete system protected fonts,
  9. delete protected fonts windows 10,
  10. how to delete protected system font