Windows 10: Deleting recent files in Paint 3D and other apps

Discus and support Deleting recent files in Paint 3D and other apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found posts for deleting recent files in Paint or Paint 3D in windows 10 but, of course they were not even close to working. They say to look for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by valhalla300, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Deleting recent files in Paint 3D and other apps

I found posts for deleting recent files in Paint or Paint 3D in windows 10 but, of course they were not even close to working. They say to look for paint in the registry in a certain path but, naturally, it was not there. I searched for Paint in the registry and Paint 3d. It found entries but none of them showed any files, file lists, pt recent file anything or anything that looked related. I have worked with the registry many, many times. I don't understand why the umm...ahhh people at Microsoft don't make it easy to delete recent files, recent file lists and to easily disable it. They use to offer some of that for some apps. Why are they so annoyingly inconsistent? So do you have to reformat your hard drive and reinstall everything in order to delete a recent file list???? I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the greater percentage of people using computers would like to be able to control what is on there computer. Why does microsoft think it is there right and duty to do this???

Does any one there know how to delete the recent file list in Paint 3D in windows 10 or Paint in Windows 7?

Thanks!

VH

:)

valhalla300, Aug 21, 2018

2. Recent app "Paint 3D" - how to get the job done?

If the troubleshooting steps provided above didn't work to your Windows 10, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D. You can follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click the System icon.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Look for the entry named Paint 3D and then click it to see the Uninstall button.
    • Click the Uninstall button and then click Uninstall again when you see the confirmation dialog to completely remove Paint 3D from your Windows 10 installation.

We also suggest that you create a new profile in Windows 10 to verify if this is an issue with your Windows profile, you can follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Aug 21, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Paint 3D

Hi,

For us to isolate what could be causing this issue and better assist you, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Does this issue occur on other projects you are working on using Paint 3D?
    • Were there any recent changes done/updates installed on your system prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps to automatically scan and resolve any issue with Paint 3D. Kindly refer to this article to run the troubleshooter:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store: run the troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Deleting recent files in Paint 3D and other apps

microsoft 3d paint

There have not been any changes to the app that I know of. Microsoft updates files automatically. They recently updated adobe flash player and defender but I didn't think that had anything to do with paint 3d. As far as which app I use when coloring,
    I use the paint 3d app. I open a file on my computer that has the pictures. I have been doing this for a while now and all of a sudden, the fill-in option isn't there. That was one of the main things I used. I tried to run compatibility troubleshooting,
    but I cannot find the file where the program is located. It does not appear on the list supplied to choose from. Do you still need a screenshot? The 'fill in' bucket is not on the list of paint brushed.

Leigh_Hill, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Deleting recent files in Paint 3D and other apps

1. Deleting recent files in Paint 3D and other apps - Similar Threads - Deleting recent files

2. 3D paint files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D paint files: Hello all. I was wondering if anyone might be able to advise me. I am still using Windows 10 and I love using 3D paint as it is a great tool if you're into making game development art. I had several projects with MS 3D Paint. I never could locate my project files in fie...
  3. 3D paint files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D paint files: Hello all. I was wondering if anyone might be able to advise me. I am still using Windows 10 and I love using 3D paint as it is a great tool if you're into making game development art. I had several projects with MS 3D Paint. I never could locate my project files in fie...
  4. 3D paint files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??: Paint 3D and MS Store won't even open for a second, and other apps open for a split second and then close themselves. Regulars Paint works, but trying to open something in Paint 3D with it says I need to install something? Help....
  6. Paint 3D Recent Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Paint 3D Recent Update Issue: Hi,I have been using Paint 3D to paste sections from a word document. Previously I just copied and pasted and all worked well. From Paint I was then able to save the image as a jpg file for use with other applications.Since a recent update July 2021, this doesn't seem to be...
  7. Paint 3d projects deleted

Paint 3d projects deleted: Paint 3d was not responding, so i did a reset. It said no files would be deleted, but they all were. I still have files i saved as glb files, but 2d projects are gone. A system restore did not help. Nor did a recover search for the Ms Paint app data bin files. Are my projects...
  8. Paint 3D app problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paint 3D app problem: I encountered a problem with Paint 3D app because I cannot change a color of a specific area on the model. It occurs every time I try to save my project, even if I use a sticker before. All the other parts are colored without problems but this specific area is not....
  9. Paint 3D and other not user friendly programs and apps.

Paint 3D and other not user friendly programs and apps.: Dear Microsoft, I can help you make your apps and software 20-30% more user friendly. I have over the last several years complained about user glitches, missing steps in instructions that made them not work etc. If I was designing these things there is no way I would...
  10. Paint 3d app problem

Paint 3d app problem: After the creator update everything was ok except for Paint 3d. It opens ok and I start to create something but when I click on some of the actions the prog shuts down for no reason. Is there a way that I can reinstall it. I have tried the app store but the app wont download....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paint 3d turn off recent files

2. clear paint 3d recent