Windows 10: Deleting something in startup

Discus and support Deleting something in startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I've had an Advent app come up on startup for about two years that I want to get rid of and I need to get advice on how to get ris... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankCapozzolo, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Deleting something in startup

I have Windows 10. I've had an Advent app come up on startup for about two years that I want to get rid of and I need to get advice on how to get ris of it.

:)

FrankCapozzolo, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 25, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Deleting something in startup

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Deleting something in startup

1. Deleting something in startup - Similar Threads - Deleting something startup

2. How to delete something completely?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete something completely?: I looked up on the internet how to completely delete an app but I don't know how to remove the apps I want to delete.I checked my settings and download file and I cant find the apps that are 100 GB in total.There are also things I want to delete but I can't because it says...
  3. How to delete something completely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete something completely?: I looked up on the internet how to completely delete an app but I don't know how to remove the apps I want to delete.I checked my settings and download file and I cant find the apps that are 100 GB in total.There are also things I want to delete but I can't because it says...
  4. How to delete something completely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. help deleteing something

help deleteing something: im not sure how but this program installed itself on my computer, it says i cant delete it all cause i need admin access, it also says i cant change the permissions for it, please help, i dont want this on my computer taking up space and ram, im really unhappy right now, on...
  6. Deleted windows or something

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted windows or something: Hey. I forgot my password on an old pc and tried to reset it through the bios i think it was. And ended up not deleting pasword but the whole system. I get an error message saying: boot device not found. please install an operating system on your hard disk. f2 system...
  7. Deleted something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted something: My son has an Acer laptop. In an attempt to make more space, it appears he deleted something ne shouldnt have. Now it wont start up. It starts, but none of the programs load. I click on the windows menu and nothing. Even trying to use the window button, nothing. Any ideas on...
  8. Something running in command prompt on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something running in command prompt on startup.: I am running Windows 10. When I start my computer, a few items pop up in cmd command prompts and run so quickly I can't read them. I could just read "permission denied" at the end of one of them. I didn't set that up. How can I find out what it is?...
  9. Delete file in startup

Delete file in startup: I downloaded a utube converter. From https://y2mate.com somehow it has added a program in startup. I want it deleted. File is: _iu14D2N.tmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-file-in-startup/5f52b4df-1a0e-458d-9234-03f14883969a"
  10. something is blocking my internet connection at startup

something is blocking my internet connection at startup: Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8.1) running on Lenovo Z50. Several times a week, something blocks my mobile internet connection at start up. This usually lasts 5 or 6 minutes. The internet icon on the task bar has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark; and when I...