Windows 10: Deleting system image file

Discus and support Deleting system image file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have read lots of advice about deleting system image files but I get blocked everytime by the message 'file is in use and cannot be deleted' and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnroy6, Oct 12, 2018.

1. johnroy6 Win User

Deleting system image file

Hi I have read lots of advice about deleting system image files but I get blocked everytime by the message 'file is in use and cannot be deleted' and I have no idea how to get around this any suggestions please. Windows 10 user#

:)

johnroy6, Oct 12, 2018

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Oct 12, 2018
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Deleting system image file

System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Deleting system image file

1. Deleting system image file - Similar Threads - Deleting system image

2. System image file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image file: I have created a system image file on a external hard disk, after completion of that i couldnt see my pre existing data on that drive external hard disk and it showing that hard disk capacity as 39 GB instead of 1 TB, Can anyone help me regarding this ??...
  3. Deleting raw image files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting raw image files: Whenever I try to delete raw image files from the recycle bin they don't want to delete. If I restart the computer then they will delete. Regular JPG images are no problem I just hit "empty the recycle bin" and they are gone. Does anybody have an answer or a workaround??...
  4. Deleted system files

Deleted system files: Dell latitude e6500 windows 10, i deleted a lot of dII, system32 and sysWOW64 files.. some for example are: mscoreei.exe, cmp.exe cmp.key, java and all its files, explorer.exe, framework cant rememberthe file names, administrative settings, msconfig, legacy and UEFI files,...
  5. Restoring System Image caused One Drive files to be deleted

Restoring System Image caused One Drive files to be deleted: I restored my Windows 10 computer from a saved System Image. After restoring, I found many folders and files that had been added to my One Drive since the saved System Image was created were deleted. Fortunately, they were in the Recycle Bin. How should I have restored from a...
  6. Creating system image file

Creating system image file: Hello, I have been having a problem creating an image file. I do so on its own and don't include a backup of my files. I have a screen image of the error I received which I hope will help someone. I am no expert and need guidance please to rectify. I will copy/paste the...
  7. deleting an disc image file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting an disc image file: by mistake i downloaded a disc image file from internet . it is present in the c drive as disc image file and also showing in the dvd drive as an .iso application but i m unable to delete it. looked like a malware but malware apps not saying it as malware . how can i get...
  8. Deleting system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Deleting system image: Hi, I want to delete a Windows 10 system image created by the windows builtin tool Windows backup and restore because it takes up so much space ( 250 Gb) and because it was saved to an internal drive ( not C: ) which is no so good I have been told. Kari, on this forum...
  9. System image file issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image file issues: Before I installed a M.2 card, I made a System Image file using Win7 tools. It asks you which partitions on "C" you want to backup. There were 4 partitions and 2 were pre-selected by Windows. I did not choose any additional partitions and ran the back-up. I rebooted to a...
  10. system files to delete

system files to delete: There are 3 boxes that refer to Win 10 installation and when you try to delete them it says you will not be able to go back to your previous OS. It is substantial space as I believe one box contains something like x amount of GB's. I have imaged Win 10 so I think could...