Windows 10: Deleting temp files windows 10

Discus and support Deleting temp files windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When typing in %temp% in search, temp files are brought up can the files shown be deleted, by selecting select all and would any files required for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gtr 1000, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Gtr 1000 Win User

Deleting temp files windows 10

When typing in %temp% in search, temp files are brought up can the files shown be deleted, by selecting select all and would any files required for the system be shown as unable to delete

:)

Gtr 1000, Nov 8, 2016

2. Is it ok if i deleted the %temp% folder WITH all of its files?

Is it ok if i deleted the %temp% folder WITH all of its files?

Will i not get anymore temp files to delete since i deleted the folder and if yes where will they be?

Original title: %temp% in windows 10

EnderLord43, Nov 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 delete temp ,%temp%, prefetch

If I am delete temp, %temp%, prefetch folders file Windows operating system has any problem. Can I delete temp, %temp%, prefetch folders file ? If I delete sometimes temp, %temp%, prefetch folders file , windows operating system work
    smoothly ? I need windows 10 better performance. Can I get some tricks and tips.

need some windows optimize tips for better performance.

AshiqurRahman1, Nov 8, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @Gtr 1000
    Yes. I routinely type %temp% into File Explorer's address box and delete all the files I find in that Temp folder. Occasionally one is in use and I get a prompt where I can skip it. Disk Clean Up should delete them for you, but sometimes it leaves a few left behind.

Bree, Nov 8, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    there are some Temp files that some programs need that are stored in the Temp file. Windows will not stop you from deleting them. As stated Disk Cleanup is a great way to safely delete temp files.
    I prefer UnCleaner which does a much better job of deleting all the temp files but leaving any that are needed.

spunk, Nov 8, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    I think you'll find that programs store files they want to keep a bit longer in other folders under ...\Appdata\Local.
    The ...\Appdata\Local\Temp folder is just meant as a temporary 'scratch pad' - any file that is no longer open is safe to delete.

Movie Maker, for example, has it's own dedicated folder were it stores index data for movies you have opened previously. But even that is safe to delete, it just makes it a bit slower to reopen those movies as it has to rebuild its database.

Bree, Nov 8, 2016
  7. Gtr 1000 Win User
    Thank you for your help solved

Gtr 1000, Nov 16, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

There is a temp folder for each user account on your PC at c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Temp. You may want to check and clear all of them. You can also delete files in c:\windows\temp.

Steve C, Nov 17, 2016
  9. Clint Win User
    Why am I getting this error message? How do I fix it?

Deleting temp files windows 10 [​IMG]

Clint, Nov 17, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Cleanup in Administrators Tools. Thry moved it there after 8.

bro67, Nov 17, 2016
  11. There are so very various alternative explanations both here, and on the internet elsewhere, but none of them worked for me. Some writers say for example 'open the run box' but without explaining how to get there! After many hours going here there and everywhere here is my simple solution for users like me who don't fully understand computers or technicians' lingo:

Open 'Google' main search page
    About one inch from the top R.H.S. corner appears three vertical dots, click on them with L.H.S. of mouse
    (There then appears a list of alternative options)
    In the same way as before click on 'More tools'
    (Yet more options appear)
    The click on 'Clear browsing data'
    (You are then presented with deletion choices)
    Delete at will!

SandersLongDriv, Dec 5, 2017
  12. spunk Win User
    @SandersLongDriv This only deletes the Temporary Internet Files or Browsing data.
    It does not delete Temp files in the Hidden C:\Users\[UserName}\appdata\Temp folder. Which the OP was asking about.

spunk, Dec 6, 2017
  13. Ammsdwer Win User

After deleting , you'd better look it up in the computer search bar , if it show "Not found ", meanning the files has been deleted completely ,

Ammsdwer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting temp files windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleting temp files

2. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  3. Deleted Windows 10 Temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Windows 10 Temp file: I have delete windows temp files. And now my windows 10 only stuck at no bootable device. I can't open BIOS menu by pressing F2 and I have trying to install new windows 10 from CD or Flashdisk but still can't. Please help......
  4. Deleted Windows 10 Temp file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Windows 10 Temp file: I have delete windows temp files. And now my windows 10 only stuck at no bootable device. I can't open BIOS menu by pressing F2 and I have trying to install new windows 10 from CD or Flashdisk but still can't. Please help......
  5. Deleted Windows 10 Temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  7. Cannot delete temp file in windows 10 - Windows>Temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete temp file in windows 10 - Windows>Temp: The last 5 years I had deleted windows 10 Temp files and hadno problems because it occupies too many MB. Started on January 23, 2021, I cannot remove them. I went in OS C: > Windows>Temp . I used Disk cleanup. They do not work anymore. Does somebody control my computer?...
  8. deleting temp files in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleting temp files in windows: When I go to temp files and delete them, some files say that you need admin permission to delete them. Is it safe to delete the files that says you need admin permission?...
  9. deleting temp files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleting temp files: I am scanning my system with IO Bit driver booster. The program gave me a detail scan report. It says system has a lot of junk files for example 3228=C:\Users\koeradera\AppData\Local\Temp\ndrhn3zm.1hh\ja\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Installer.Common.resources.dll...
  10. Delete Temp Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Temp Files: Hello Community: I have an HP Compaq SFF 8200 desk top PC, MY operating system is Windowa 10 Home 64 bit. while doing housekeeping on my pc, I go to the disk cleanup mode, one of the items that I check is " Temporary Files" after the cleanup process is...