Windows 10: Deleting temporary files and cookies

Discus and support Deleting temporary files and cookies in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Need a fast way to delete temp files and cookies in Windows 10. I have tried a few things, but still have files not deleted. Used to be able to click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ddouglasaaa, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Deleting temporary files and cookies

Need a fast way to delete temp files and cookies in Windows 10. I have tried a few things, but still have files not deleted. Used to be able to click settings, view files, select all, and delete. I can click settings and view, but that is it.

:)

ddouglasaaa, Jul 7, 2016
  2. BroknWing Win User

What Happens to Temp files and cookies on winodws 8 ?

it will only delete browsing History my friend. what about -

[*]Temporary files and cookies from all third party software's,
    [*]Temporary files and cookies after installing or uninstalling Any game or software.

???????

BroknWing, Jul 7, 2016
  3. What Happens to Temp files and cookies on winodws 8 ?

As I said above, it WILL delete all temporary files, history, cookies and saved passwords from Internet Explorer. See screen shot of the Internet Explorer Settings below. It describes what happens if you click on Delete History

Deleting temporary files and cookies [​IMG]

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 7, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Deleting temporary files and cookies

CCleaner works quite well if you don't want to clean up manually.

Steve C, Jul 7, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    +1 for CCleaner.

To add, there is another place where temporary files are located [not TIF/Temporary Internet Files] and that is to hold down the Windows key and press R then type %temp% and press Enter. Most of the files in that Folder are not needed and a few small ones can't be deleted, message is they are in use. It's usually not a big problem until it comes to not having sufficient space available on the drive, a biggie with the SSD drives such as 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 120GB, 128GB, etc.

Berton, Jul 7, 2016
  6. Grizzly Win User
    are you running out of space?? confused

Grizzly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Deleting temporary files and cookies

1. Deleting temporary files and cookies - Similar Threads - Deleting temporary files

2. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  3. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  4. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  5. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. DELETE TEMPORARY FILES

DELETE TEMPORARY FILES: HI I am trying to delete my temporary internet files but cant find them. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-files/58af60d4-6999-408a-bb1d-66b7301a6d83
  7. Temporary files not deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary files not deleting: So I was watching some Netflix when I received a pop-up message from chrome stating that I should delete the temporary cache files from Netflix, so I closed it and headed over to my storage settings and noticed that it was full, I remember having around 50GB free on my m.2...
  8. Temporary Files won’t delete

Temporary Files won’t delete: Problem solved [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-files-wont-delete/ce3dad67-ee42-42b1-b5d3-352f7a2998b9"
  9. Deleting temporary files

Deleting temporary files: I have been trying to clear drive space so I can update. I have moved everything I can to a mass storage device and I have only been able to remove a small amount of temp files. I am left with 5GB. I have deleted all my excess mail and now I am stuck. Is there a way to view...
  10. delete cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete cookies: How do I delete cookies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-cookies/251e5416-7e30-471b-af19-9f5d198b0c51