Windows 10: deleting thousands of ransomware ruined files

Discus and support deleting thousands of ransomware ruined files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have about 12,000 data files that were ruined by the RSA-2048 ransom ware. I want to get rid of these useless files quickly and easily. I need a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paul Rumbaugh, Apr 4, 2020.

1. deleting thousands of ransomware ruined files

I have about 12,000 data files that were ruined by the RSA-2048 ransom ware. I want to get rid of these useless files quickly and easily. I need a program or batch file to delete these files. I am not going to pay them for a key. Any suggestions?

Paul

:)

Paul Rumbaugh, Apr 4, 2020

2. Deleting 8000 ransomware ruined files.

MY laptop was attacked by a ransomware virus that ruined approximately 8000 files. The data was overwritten and all the files were renamed with invalid DOS names. For example: file WifePicture.jpg is now renamed k6t4c3x1t5.b72kk. I want to delete these
    8000 ruined files with an automated batch file. Can someone supply me with a batch file or other means to remove all 8000 files (approximately 380 GB of ruined files)?

Paul

Paul Rumbaugh, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. deleting thousands of ransomware ruined files

I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

deleting thousands of ransomware ruined files

1. deleting thousands of ransomware ruined files - Similar Threads - deleting thousands ransomware

2. Editing authorizations of thousands of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing authorizations of thousands of files: Hi,I tried looking around for someone having a similar problem, but didn't manage to find anyone.Here's my problem. I stored many, many photos and videos of mine on an external hard drive. The thing is, the folder they were in, the sub folders and the very photos are now all...
  3. Editing authorizations of thousands of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing authorizations of thousands of files: Hi,I tried looking around for someone having a similar problem, but didn't manage to find anyone.Here's my problem. I stored many, many photos and videos of mine on an external hard drive. The thing is, the folder they were in, the sub folders and the very photos are now all...
  4. Editing authorizations of thousands of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I got hacked by a ransomware and it deleted system files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got hacked by a ransomware and it deleted system files: As the title says, I got hacked by a ransomware and it took away the possibility to update windows, completely disabled windows defender and real time protection before I could remove it, There aren't any traces of the virus leftI checked with Malwarebytes and other AV but I...
  6. different dialogs - different computers, when deleting thousands of files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    different dialogs - different computers, when deleting thousands of files: I have 2 machine. an acer and a lenovo. image 1 shows what I see on the lenovo when del'ing huge amounts of files in a parent dir and many subs. image 2 shows what I see on the acer. why is there a difference? anyone know? a setting of mine that I forgot I changed?...
  7. Deleted a folder containing thousands of files; canceled during delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted a folder containing thousands of files; canceled during delete: I deleted a folder containing over 15,000 small wave files. I canceled while my computer was moving the files to the Recycle Bin. All of the contents in the folder have disappeared. Where did these files go?...
  8. STOP Ransomware Deletion?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP Ransomware Deletion?: I am using Free Ransomware Decryption Tool but am not sure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/stop-ransomware-deletion/e1a2e84a-56f0-4682-a74d-934ede5ad8e7
  9. Taking more than a day to delete thousands of small files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taking more than a day to delete thousands of small files?: I have a 1TB SSD that has a folder named temp with 65,000+ png files in it. I'm trying to delete that folder and it takes forever, either from Explorer or from the command line. I have tried del /s/f/q E:\temp > nul rd /s/f/q E:\temp and it has been running for over a day...
  10. Thousands of hidden files beginning with ._

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thousands of hidden files beginning with ._: I was cleaning up my music tags and the program I was using revealed that I have thousands of small files that begin with "._" I am guessing this is a result of changing from a Mac to a PC. Normally I would leave these alone but, because I have so many of them, they are...