Windows 10: Deleting Thumbs.db

Discus and support Deleting Thumbs.db in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When trying to delete Thumbs.db files, I often get "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer."Oh, some smarty pants... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gfr92y, Oct 19, 2021.

1. gfr92y Win User

Deleting Thumbs.db

When trying to delete Thumbs.db files, I often get "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer."Oh, some smarty pants said, "Just go into Folder Options and hide all system files." How stupid.Here is what I get when I hide the system files and try to delete the folder containing the hidden file Thumbs.db...Yes, the same error message, but now I cannot see the offending file.How do I delete Thumbs.db that cause the error message below when I try to delete them or delete a folder containing them?

:)

gfr92y, Oct 19, 2021

2. DB files

Hi Diarmid,

A .db file is a database file format for Windows. It stores data information in a series of tables, table files, and field data values. To best address your concern, we need to answer the following questions:

• Which application are you using to open the .db file?
    • Are you getting an error message when trying to open the file? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Oct 19, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Deleting Thumbs.db

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Deleting Thumbs.db

1. Deleting Thumbs.db - Similar Threads - Deleting Thumbs

2. How do I delete a thread here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a thread here?: I have a thread from a long time ago on here, on Microsoft communities.I want to delete that said thread due to privacy reasons.Previously there was no option to edit that thread as it was marked as answered. So I removed the thread as answered. And the Edit button appeared...
  3. How do I delete a thread here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a thread here?: I have a thread from a long time ago on here, on Microsoft communities.I want to delete that said thread due to privacy reasons.Previously there was no option to edit that thread as it was marked as answered. So I removed the thread as answered. And the Edit button appeared...
  4. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  5. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  6. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

9. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

10. File on NAS and Folder on NAS needs to be deleted thumbs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File on NAS and Folder on NAS needs to be deleted thumbs: Windows 10 Pro in Workgroup 20H2 version NAS Buffalo \\nasbuffaloipaddress\backups\backup2020.old and thumbs file in folder Have rebooted NAS and stopped backup service in services Would like to delete The file 'thumbs.db' is a system file. If you remove it, Windows or...