Windows 10: Deleting Ubuntu

Discus and support Deleting Ubuntu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All over the net there are tons of fanboys yelling at how windows sucks and Linux is a gift from god, I decided I wanted to try it out to see what the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by darkf0xx, Sep 30, 2015.

1. darkf0xx Win User

Deleting Ubuntu

All over the net there are tons of fanboys yelling at how windows sucks and Linux is a gift from god, I decided I wanted to try it out to see what the whole fuss was about. I am not computer illiterate by any means so I installed ubuntu 15.04, it froze on me 5 times in the first hour and was a constant hassle to install anything meaning I couldn't get it installed or it took way longer than any of my windows installations. Mad at the lies I was told about this OS's glory I decided to uninstall, the website tells me to delete the partition then extend my windows one back to normal size, I did that then I restarted and kept getting a boot loop so I tried a boot repair and that failed, so I went to the command prompt and used the ol' "bootrec.exe/fixboot and bootrec.exe/fixmbr" commands and that allowed for me to get into windows 10. Now I have the problem that when I boot up, instead of it booting straight to win10 it goes to a OS selection menu and still has ubuntu listed, when I click ubuntu it shows this error

Deleting Ubuntu [​IMG]

I would like to remove the ubuntu entry all together and have it go straight to windows 10 again without having to reinstall the OS. Can anyone help me with this? I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

darkf0xx, Sep 30, 2015

2. How to delete bootloader the Ubuntu in Windows when installing parallel 2 operating system ?

I've delete cleaner ubuntu installed in parallel with Windows 10 on the hard drive

I've delete the Ubuntu partition in disk management and merger the hard drive

But the ubuntu bootloader it the still into exists ?

Do how to delete it ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Thao Nguyen998, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Accidentally deleted "Windows" main file, can't boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu boots automatically.

Hi

I was trying to delete "windows.old" file located in main partition "C", but it seems that I've accidentally deleted the current windows main file "Windows", and after deleting finished, I was not able to
    open any programs, error appears when I try to do.

I was installing Ubuntu alongside with Windows 10, I got some problems with Ubuntu also, so I reinstalled Ubuntu, but I got a new problem, that there's no boot menu to choose Windows 10 or Ubuntu, i.e: Ubuntu boot automatically.

I can see windows files through Ubuntu file manager, and I see "Windows" folder and I don't think that it has been deleted.

So, how can I retrieve Windows 10 again?

Thanks in advance

MustafaDiaa, Sep 30, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Deleting Ubuntu

Download: Visual BCD . Install and run it, if you get an error popup, just ignore it. Expand all on the left panel, look for any entry of Ubuntu right click on it and delete. see screen shot

Deleting Ubuntu [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 30, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Go to System Configuration and just delete the boot option.

Deleting Ubuntu [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 30, 2015
  6. darkf0xx Win User
    thanks for all the replies, I used Topgundcp's method with the visual BCD option and it worked fine, but thanks for your input as well Cliff S, I really appreciate the quick replies, I repped both of you.

darkf0xx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Deleting Ubuntu

1. Deleting Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Deleting Ubuntu

2. Permission Denied when attempting to delete the contents of a folder from "Bash on Ubuntu...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permission Denied when attempting to delete the contents of a folder from "Bash on Ubuntu...: sudo rm -r ~/www.gegnet.com.br/~noc/pub/datacom/Logs rm: cannot remove 'Logs/nova/index.html?C=S;O=A': Permission denied rm: cannot remove 'Logs/nova/miner_1-1_192-168-0-20_2019-05-24_18-53-45.tar.gz': Permission denied In an elavated (admin) powershell I enter wsl -u...
  3. How to delete this ubuntu from this

How to delete this ubuntu from this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/reddit-noobuser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/faztns/how_to_delete_this_ubuntu_from_this/
  4. I deleted windows 10 and I installed ubuntu 18.04. How can i return it back?

I deleted windows 10 and I installed ubuntu 18.04. How can i return it back?: I am using Ubuntu 18.04 now. I tried to install windows 10 again but my computer couldn't recognize my hard disk on BIOS screen. I came Win10 installation screen. But windows says you have no hard disk. How can i install windows 10 this computer again ? I don't want dual...
  5. Unable to delete WSL Ubuntu Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete WSL Ubuntu Files: I installed and the uninstalled Ubutnu 18.04 for WSL from the Microsoft store. The uninstall did not remove all the files from my system and they are still there in AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu18.04onWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc I cannot delete the files...
  6. Deleted Windows, while trying to install Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Windows, while trying to install Ubuntu: I was trying to install Ubuntu side by side with windows, and accidentally deleted the windows os that came with my pc. How can I reinstall windows and can I use the license that came with this pc?...
  7. Hyper-V Zombie Ubuntu Can't Delete or Remove

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Zombie Ubuntu Can't Delete or Remove: I am new with Hyper-V, I've been using it to learn Linux/Ubuntu. I recently built a new Desktop, installed a Ryzen 7 with 8 cores and 32 Gb RAM. Hyper-V allows me to try different installations without wrestling with the old hardware I had been using. The latest...
  8. Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition: I used to work on my PC which had a C Drive (partitioned with Windows and Ubuntu) alongside an E drive for other storage. I deleted the Ubuntu partition and after rebooting the system, it told me that there was a grub error - 'Error: no such partition". After looking up what...
  9. Cannot Use Unallocated Drive Space After Ubuntu Deletion.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Use Unallocated Drive Space After Ubuntu Deletion.: I cannot use this unallocated space for creating a new drive or expanding an existing one. This thread will give you the history. Unallocated Space Recovery 87261
  10. Deleting EFI partition I made for Ubuntu 16.04

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting EFI partition I made for Ubuntu 16.04: I was trying to install Ubuntu on a separate partition on my secondary drive, but no longer need it as I got a laptop for it specifically. I deleted the volumes I had for Ubuntu "/" and "/home" but remember there is 1 GB I placed for swap and 650 MB for an EFI partition to...