Windows 10: Deleting Ubuntu

Discus and support Deleting Ubuntu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All over the net there are tons of fanboys yelling at how windows sucks and Linux is a gift from god, I decided I wanted to try it out to see what the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by darkf0xx, Sep 30, 2015.

1. darkf0xx Win User

Deleting Ubuntu

All over the net there are tons of fanboys yelling at how windows sucks and Linux is a gift from god, I decided I wanted to try it out to see what the whole fuss was about. I am not computer illiterate by any means so I installed ubuntu 15.04, it froze on me 5 times in the first hour and was a constant hassle to install anything meaning I couldn't get it installed or it took way longer than any of my windows installations. Mad at the lies I was told about this OS's glory I decided to uninstall, the website tells me to delete the partition then extend my windows one back to normal size, I did that then I restarted and kept getting a boot loop so I tried a boot repair and that failed, so I went to the command prompt and used the ol' "bootrec.exe/fixboot and bootrec.exe/fixmbr" commands and that allowed for me to get into windows 10. Now I have the problem that when I boot up, instead of it booting straight to win10 it goes to a OS selection menu and still has ubuntu listed, when I click ubuntu it shows this error

Deleting Ubuntu [​IMG]

I would like to remove the ubuntu entry all together and have it go straight to windows 10 again without having to reinstall the OS. Can anyone help me with this? I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

darkf0xx, Sep 30, 2015

2. How to delete bootloader the Ubuntu in Windows when installing parallel 2 operating system ?

I've delete cleaner ubuntu installed in parallel with Windows 10 on the hard drive

I've delete the Ubuntu partition in disk management and merger the hard drive

But the ubuntu bootloader it the still into exists ?

Do how to delete it ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Thao Nguyen998, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Accidentally deleted "Windows" main file, can't boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu boots automatically.

Hi

I was trying to delete "windows.old" file located in main partition "C", but it seems that I've accidentally deleted the current windows main file "Windows", and after deleting finished, I was not able to
    open any programs, error appears when I try to do.

I was installing Ubuntu alongside with Windows 10, I got some problems with Ubuntu also, so I reinstalled Ubuntu, but I got a new problem, that there's no boot menu to choose Windows 10 or Ubuntu, i.e: Ubuntu boot automatically.

I can see windows files through Ubuntu file manager, and I see "Windows" folder and I don't think that it has been deleted.

So, how can I retrieve Windows 10 again?

Thanks in advance

MustafaDiaa, Sep 30, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Deleting Ubuntu

Download: Visual BCD . Install and run it, if you get an error popup, just ignore it. Expand all on the left panel, look for any entry of Ubuntu right click on it and delete. see screen shot

Deleting Ubuntu [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 30, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Go to System Configuration and just delete the boot option.

Deleting Ubuntu [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 30, 2015
  6. darkf0xx Win User
    thanks for all the replies, I used Topgundcp's method with the visual BCD option and it worked fine, but thanks for your input as well Cliff S, I really appreciate the quick replies, I repped both of you.

darkf0xx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Deleting Ubuntu

1. Deleting Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Deleting Ubuntu

2. I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition: I had a dual boot of windows and Ubuntu, but while digitally cleaning up my laptop, I accidentally deleted Ubuntu's partition.Now I am stuck with the grub 2.0 console. And this is an HP laptop 5 which has a UEFI system. I heard that in a UEFI system we can simply change the...
  3. I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition: I had a dual boot of windows and Ubuntu, but while digitally cleaning up my laptop, I accidentally deleted Ubuntu's partition.Now I am stuck with the grub 2.0 console. And this is an HP laptop 5 which has a UEFI system. I heard that in a UEFI system we can simply change the...
  4. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  5. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  6. Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?: It's my first time using TreeSize Free because System & Reversed on my laptop is taking up a lot of space and I wanted to check it. when I checked, there was a file ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3 measuring 4.2 GB. I used to install...
  7. Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?

Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?: It's my first time using TreeSize Free because System & Reversed on my laptop is taking up a lot of space and I wanted to check it. when I checked, there was a file ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3 measuring 4.2 GB. I used to install...
  8. Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions: Hello, so yesterday I want to delete my ubuntu dualboot from my system, so I just format the partition of the ubuntu, But after I restart my laptop, I've found that now I can't boot up into windows, sometimes I got an error like, No such filesystem, or simply my laptop would...
  10. Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions

Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions: Hello, so yesterday I want to delete my ubuntu dualboot from my system, so I just format the partition of the ubuntu, But after I restart my laptop, I've found that now I can't boot up into windows, sometimes I got an error like, No such filesystem, or simply my laptop would...