Windows 10: Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder)

Discus and support Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sorry for my bad english, i have installed an Update of a Program which was worse than I expected so I decided to recover Windows to that moment before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ekrem U.Yagmur, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder)

Sorry for my bad english, i have installed an Update of a Program which was worse than I expected so I decided to recover Windows to that moment before Installation. The problem is I have now found a folder (infusedapps.tmp) I think it is temporarily and want to delete these files. I have a 128GB SSD and not much Storage to carry these stuff.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.

Could someone please help me. I dont know whether I need this Dublicate of Infused Apps or not and how to delete it if there no usage of these stuff.

Thank You in advance.

***Post moved by the Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

Ekrem U.Yagmur, Mar 23, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder) :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder) :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder) ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 23, 2019
  4. metro5053 Win User

Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder)

Cannot delete tmp folders

OK, tried to delete them in the Safe mode, still says I need administrator permission to carry out the action.
    They are on the C drive not in any folder just listed one after another in amongst Program files, Program files(x86), Windows etc.
    Hydranix, sorry don't really understand what to do, so have not tried it.
    Disc cleanup did not work, unfortunately. Haven't got a clue how they appeared there, being tmp files would have thought I could have deleted them.
    Really appreciated the advice
    Thanks and Regards
    Bob

metro5053, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder)

1. Deleting unnecessary Files / Windows is using much Space (what is InfusedApps.tmp folder) - Similar Threads - Deleting unnecessary Files

2. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  3. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  4. What is the "TMP" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "TMP" folder?: I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing...
  5. What is the "TMP" folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "TMP" folder?: I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing...
  6. What are these tmp folders for: is it ok to delete them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are these tmp folders for: is it ok to delete them?: I have multiple tw-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx.tmp folders inC:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local folder.They contain 299 files, 6,295 folders with a size of 34.4 MB. Most of the folders are tmp's such as tw-1b18-21dc-dfb5a.tmp. The ones I have checked have 0 bytes This...
  7. Is it safe to delete the $WINDOWS.~TMP folder itself, not just the files in the folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete the $WINDOWS.~TMP folder itself, not just the files in the folder?: I understand that I can delete the folders and files inside it, but will Windows 10 be unhappy if that folder isn't there, or will it just recreate it as needed?...
  8. Odd TMP files - OK to delete? What are they?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Odd TMP files - OK to delete? What are they?: I was helping someone correct an ESENT error and guiding them to: System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\Local\ and looking in my Local folder there I found a slew of .tmp folders, all zero bytes. The folders are dated from 3/13/20 to today (3/29/20) There are 19 folders...
  9. Cannot delete tmp folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete tmp folders: Hi, small annoying problem, when I go to 'My PC' somehow I have a lot of temporary folders on my C: drive, and cannot get rid of them. Says that 'You require permission from the administrator to make these changes. I have tried using the command prompt with:net user...
  10. Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder: I would like to know if TMP files in System Profile folder can safely be deleted ? Actual location..C:/ Users/Windows/System32/Config/Systemprofile.. I have about 10,000 or so ! Thank you 76758