Windows 10: Deleting unwanted items

Discus and support Deleting unwanted items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ianpascoe, Sep 21, 2018.

1. ianpascoe Win User

Deleting unwanted items

When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago.

:)

ianpascoe, Sep 21, 2018

2. Recovering a deleted email from the deleted items folder or Recycle Bin

Thank you for the suggestion. The only message I find at the bottom of the message list in the deleted items folder is "To find older messages, use Search". My search did not work.

Thanks.

ChandrasekarapuramRSubramaniam, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Cannot delete some items from favs. bar.

Hello,

As you are facing issues with deleting the items from Favorites on Internet Explorer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps to delete the favorites items if not yet tried and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer, click on Favorites
      in the Menu bar.
    • Click on the drop down arrow beside Add to favorites.
    • Click on Organize favorites..., click on the option
      Delete. (This will delete all the favorites items in the Favorites bar)

If you don't want to delete all the items from the Favorites bar, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article to delete the browsing history and check if it helps.

View and delete your browsing history

Refer to the section: What gets deleted when you delete your browsing history
    for more information about how deleting the browsing history works.

For more information about favorites in Internet Explorer refer to: Use favorites to save websites you like

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Deleting unwanted items

How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?

paulckruger, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Deleting unwanted items

1. Deleting unwanted items - Similar Threads - Deleting unwanted items

2. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  3. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  4. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unwanted Tackbar Item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Tackbar Item: Windows 10 ver 20H2 I get get a strange icon on my taskbar and it produces this. What is it and how can I get rid of this unwanted thing? Thank you 183847
  6. Unwanted item on my desktop

Unwanted item on my desktop: Sometimes I have this vertical slider: https://postimg.cc/zbCKzkQB that stays on top. I don't know what it is and how to remove it, short of logging off. It does not even work: when I move it, it goes back down. Clicking on the X does not kill it, nor the escape key. I...
  7. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  8. How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items

How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items: I have 30 laptops we use in our school environment. I want to reduce the visual distractions for the student on the Start menu. I have been looking for a way to remove "Settings" and "Windows Security" from the User Menu. These are not located in the two places that I know...
  9. Disable unwanted warning when deleting items

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable unwanted warning when deleting items: In the Windows 10 Recycle Bin properties, both options to warn against mistaken deletion, have been unticked. Yet despite this, every time I drag/drop a file/folder on the desktop to the recycle bin … an unwanted warning comes up saying this item may be a danger to the OS....
  10. Delete unwanted files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete unwanted files: I have a long history of many files of one subject that I would like to clean up. I have done a search and get a long list of resulting files. Opening a file on this list to determine current relevancy results in a search redo of the list. How can I save the original...