Windows 10: Deleting useless apps

Discus and support Deleting useless apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop gets slower with each update. I think if I could delete all the extra apps that come along with the updates, like the xbox app, then my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EHawk3416, Oct 8, 2018.

1. EHawk3416 Win User

Deleting useless apps

My laptop gets slower with each update. I think if I could delete all the extra apps that come along with the updates, like the xbox app, then my laptop might function faster than a brick. When I click the uninstall button on these useless apps, nothing happens. Does anyone know how to delete this useless junk? I feel like they keep throwing in all this junk to bog me down so I will have to buy a faster laptop. :/ I really just need a way to make the uninstall button work.

:)

EHawk3416, Oct 8, 2018
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 8, 2018
  3. I cannot delete or add apps to 'life at a glance'

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to add or delete apps to life at a glance?

Did you get any error when you try adding or deleting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods to add apps:

Method1:

• Open Start menu and Click All Apps.

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    Method 2:

• Drag the app from app list and drop the app in Life at a glance part.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the apps:

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Unpin from Start.

• The app will be deleted from Life at a glance.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Deleting useless apps

Deleting apps

Hello Kelly,

We would like to know more information about your issue so that we will know why you are unable to delete applications on your computer:

• What changes/updates have you made prior to the issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to uninstall an application?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you try the steps in this article on
    how to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Deleting useless apps

1. Deleting useless apps - Similar Threads - Deleting useless apps

2. Can I Delete Useless Windows 10 Accounts?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I Delete Useless Windows 10 Accounts?: There are 2 accounts on my machine that came with W10, Public and Default. They both have very little in them and are never used. Is it safe to delete these things?...
  3. windows 10 useless and annoying apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 useless and annoying apps: hi It's a big question for me that why Microsoft forces users to deal with lots of useless and annoying apps? Internet explorer is useless Microsoft Edge is useless. Photos is useless People is useless Store is useless Cortana is useless and many other apps that are...
  4. Deleting ‘Useless’ Fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting ‘Useless’ Fonts: I have downloaded some cool fonts recently, but I have wanted to get rid of some bland, useless ones. These are foregin langague fonts i.e. Microsoft JhengHei, MingLiu, Microsoft Himalaya, etc. that look very basic when they do not use the langague they were created for. I...
  5. How to remove all the useless office apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove all the useless office apps: Hi, I have office subscription account provided from university and in the microsoft site i have an option only to download the whole office packet, but it comes with a lot of useless stuff i dont want in my pc, however i only have the option to delete them all as they all...
  6. Windows 10 useless apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 useless apps: Hello! Can anyone make me a list of apps and programs that come pre-installed with Windows 10 and always that are useless/just dont make any sense and just slow up your pc? For example I was running Task Manager and found out I was running Skype but couldn't see it anywhere...
  7. Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive: Hello, I'm trying to delete a secondary windows folder I have on a secondary drive. (obviously it's not the one i'm booting from) The problem is that I can't. I'm the owner of the folder and all sub-folders and files, and when I'm deleting it it will say "you need permission...
  8. Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder: Hey, I was just cleaning up my C: drive when I came across the windowsapps folder (i am using TreeSize) it showed that the windowsapps folder nearly took 12 gb of my C drive and the biggest file is some random game called dungeon hunter (1.86 gb) i have never played this...
  9. How do I delete useless Local Disks?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do I delete useless Local Disks?: Hello! *Smile New member here. I have a problem with Local Disks being created every time I mount a virtual drive. Once I remove the virtual drive, an entry is left in explorer that will not go away. Over time, new ones keep being added, and it will go all the way up...
  10. Useless Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Useless Taskbar: Problem: Can't use Cortana search, open notifications or open the start menu. Can't run Insider Hub either I've been searching google all day and tried several methods with no results. * I created a powershell.exe file on the desktop and ran as administrator to use the...