Windows 10: Deleting users folder in D

Discus and support Deleting users folder in D in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a users folder in C and D, I need to delete the D users folder but windows say there is a file in use in another programme. I have not created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Giacomo 14, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Deleting users folder in D

I have a users folder in C and D, I need to delete the D users folder but windows say there is a file in use in another programme. I have not created the USERS folder.I need to extend my C drive as I am running out of space, have done all the obvious things and cleared all data from C I can find. I am using Windows 8.1

:)

Giacomo 14, Apr 2, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting users folder in D :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting users folder in D :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 2, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 2, 2022
  4. Nicrite Win User

Deleting users folder in D

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Apr 2, 2022
Thema:

Deleting users folder in D

1. Deleting users folder in D - Similar Threads - Deleting users folder

2. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  3. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  4. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting users folder in D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting users folder in D: I have a users folder in C and D, I need to delete the D users folder but windows say there is a file in use in another programme. I have not created the USERS folder.I need to extend my C drive as I am running out of space, have done all the obvious things and cleared all...
  6. Can't Delete folder in D:

Can't Delete folder in D:: This is what happens when I try to delete this folder[ATTACH] And before you say "oMg DoNt DeLeTe WiNdOwSaPpS", this is a random folder in D: and not an important folder with actual files in them....
  7. Deleted a users folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted a users folder: Hello. I've deleted one of the users folders 2 weeks ago which was, to put it simply, a VERY, VERY DUMB idea. At first, I thought nothing of it as windows loaded up and worked but then, as expected, problems appeared as soon as I restarted the computer. first of all, some...
  8. Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder

Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder: Sir, I was accidentally deleted my folder from my E drive using "Shift+delete" option. I am using windows 10. Please show me the way to recover my folder? Thanks for your help....
  9. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9651