Windows 10: Deleting Videos from shared library (windows media player)

Discus and support Deleting Videos from shared library (windows media player) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I have my windows how do I delete videos On my network sharing I have it set up so my Roku TV's can stream from my laptop But there are videos on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JefeHulet, Jan 16, 2019.

1. JefeHulet Win User

Deleting Videos from shared library (windows media player)

Hi I have my windows how do I delete videos On my network sharing I have it set up so my Roku TV's can stream from my laptop But there are videos on there I don't want some people to see Yet it will not let me delete them from the media center..

:)

JefeHulet, Jan 16, 2019

2. Building up a library on Windows Media Player

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to rebuild the Media Library on your computer and check for the issue.

Follow the below provided steps.

• Shutdown Windows Media Player.
    • Stop the media sharing service. Go to Start>Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Administrative Tools>Services.
    • Right-click on the “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” and select
      Stop.
    • Navigate to “c:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player. Now delete the files named
      CurrentDatabase_***.wmdb and LocalMLS_*.wmdb.
    • Start the media sharing service.
    • Now start Windows Media Player and watch it build up your library again.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Media player Library Windows 10

Hi Pat,

The error ‘Media library is corrupt’ occurs when the Windows Media Player library database has become corrupted.

To resolve this problem, clear the Windows Media Player database. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R, click
      Run
      , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click
      OK.

• Select all the files in the folder, and then click
      Delete on the File menu.

Note: You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.

Restart Windows Media Player.

If this does not resolve the problem, clear the Windows Media Player database cache files. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R, click
      Run
      , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft, and then click
      OK

• Select the Media Player folder, and then click
      Delete on the File menu.

• Restart Windows Media Player.

Note: Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

Hope it helps. Do let us know, if you have any further queries about Windows 10.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleting Videos from shared library (windows media player) - Similar Threads - Deleting Videos shared

2. Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries": Hello, so I'm trying to move my music over to the Windows 11 Media Player. I like the layout and design, but it's proving really troublesome to move my files over to it. If I remove all the files and only add a single folder, it goes smoothly and quickly. The folder gets...
  3. Can't remove video library from Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove video library from Windows Media Player: Hello I added a folder in the video library of windows media player and I wanted to know is there any way to remove the videos from there ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-video-library-from-windows-media/aad49f64-cc29-4f1b-82f1-b2369f596b7e
  4. Can't remove video library from Windows Media Player

Can't remove video library from Windows Media Player: Hello I added a folder in the video library of windows media player and I wanted to know is there any way to remove the videos from there ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-video-library-from-windows-media/aad49f64-cc29-4f1b-82f1-b2369f596b7e
  5. Media Player Library

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player Library: My Media Play is finding incorrect information when I Rip CD's, how do I use/change to a more reliable source for this information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-library/2a6e12e5-a529-40dc-9a28-e516a076ebcd
  6. Windows Media Player Library

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Media Player Library: This has started popping up on my monitor. Never have seen it before today. Anyone else with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-library/d848f55a-dc62-4cc1-94f7-c49e27f497a6"
  7. Windows Media Player no longer adding certain videos to library

Windows Media Player no longer adding certain videos to library: I still use Windows Media Player and after moving files to a new drive, I had to add some folders back to WMP. Expected behavior: WMP adds files in those folders to the library. Observed behavior: it does not add all of them. This used to work before with the same files...
  8. Deleting video files from Shared library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting video files from Shared library: Please help me to delete videos from Shared library of Windows Media Player. I have some videos there, which I don’t want to share because my laptop is connected to the TV....
  9. How to delete videos from Shared library of Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete videos from Shared library of Windows Media Player: Hi I have my windows how do I delete videos On my network sharing I have it set up so my Roku TV's can stream from my laptop But there are videos on there I don't want some people to see Yet it will not let me delete them from the media center.. ***Modified title from:...
  10. Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...: Dear Sir/Madam. The < video titles > do not appear in < Library of windows media player > in windows 10. Pro. The letters show that < update completed > whenever Library opened, and < there are no titles in video library >. I have already completed < Organization ->...