Windows 10: Deleting Win 10 child user account without losing data or his games

Discus and support Deleting Win 10 child user account without losing data or his games in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, How can I remove childs Windows 10 user account, but without losing his data (word documents, photoshop files etc) and without his games etc. ??... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by aod, Sep 28, 2019.

1. AOD
    aod Win User

Deleting Win 10 child user account without losing data or his games

Hi,

How can I remove childs Windows 10 user account, but without losing his data (word documents, photoshop files etc) and without his games etc. ??
    He is now allowed to use my "administrator" login/account to use the computer and I want his files, games, apps, programs etc next to my files, apps programs in Windows.
    How can I do this?

Thanks!

:)

2. stocktiki Win User

How to delete PC user account of a child?

Hello. The user account of a child in my family. The account isn't working right - Universal Apps would load - so I wanted to delete it and recreate it. Unfortunately, I cannot find an option to delete the account from the PC - only to "block" it, whatever that means. I read this tutorial: Child Account - Add or Remove from Your Family in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But it describes how to remove a child account from a Microsoft account (which I don't want to do because I like the parental controls) - not how to remove a PC child account.

Is there a way to delete a user account on PC of a child - without removing from the parent's Microsoft account?

stocktiki, Sep 28, 2019
  3. barryow Win User
    How to delete PC user account of a child?

You need to take ownership of your old user profile directory before deleting it. You can use the free softwares TakeOwnershipPro or TakeOwnershipEx suggested by NavyLCDR.

barryow, Sep 28, 2019
  4. barryow Win User

barryow, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleting Win 10 child user account without losing data or his games - Similar Threads - Deleting child user

2. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing account user without losing data: Hi, I am setting up parental controls on my sons laptop which is currently logged in under my account as administrator. I would like to set him up with his own account, but need to keep everything downloaded on the laptop, such as games, settings etc. Can you please advise...
  3. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing account user without losing data: Hi, I am setting up parental controls on my sons laptop which is currently logged in under my account as administrator. I would like to set him up with his own account, but need to keep everything downloaded on the laptop, such as games, settings etc. Can you please advise...
  4. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to delete Microsoft store game data without deleting account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete Microsoft store game data without deleting account?: Hello. Few months ago, i had downloaded a march of empires game from Microsoft store. But regarding some reasons, I want to restart my game on a new kingdom, but each time when i uninstall my game and re-download it, it is coming with old data, how can i delete my game data...
  6. How to delete Microsoft store game data without deleting account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete Microsoft store game data without deleting account?: Hello. Few months ago, i had downloaded a march of empires game from Microsoft store. But regarding some reasons, I want to restart my game on a new kingdom, but each time when i uninstall my game and re-download it, it is coming with old data, how can i delete my game data...
  7. How to delete Microsoft store game data without deleting account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reinstall windows on corrupted WIN 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows on corrupted WIN 10 without losing data: Is there a way to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop without losing data because I tried to fix the mbr with no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-on-corrupted-win-10-without/0f900e30-f7db-4cd5-91df-d071e61c9cdf
  9. Reinstall Win 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10 without losing data: Please direct me to a relevant tutorial so that I can reinstall Windows 10 without losing anything on my computer. I hav Macrium so imaging the C drive isn't a problem. 163886
  10. Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the administrator users account without deleting its data: hi, my dad recently bought a new computer and i got the one we were using for my room. My dads Microsoft account is the administrator - meaning his email address is displayed in the lock screen and in many other places. I would like having my own Microsoft account as the...