Windows 10: Deleting Win 10 System Folders

Discus and support Deleting Win 10 System Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, happy new year! I accidentally booted my PC a month ago with the boot disk in the wrong physical location. Windows seems to have created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jan 3, 2019.

1. davefaz Win User

Deleting Win 10 System Folders

Hi everyone, happy new year!

I accidentally booted my PC a month ago with the boot disk in the wrong physical location. Windows seems to have created a Recovery Folder on one of my drives that is causing a problem. The folder is hidden but doesn't even show up when you select to show Hidden Folders. The only reason I know it's there is because some applications are displaying it as there. File Manager does not. I am assuming it is also marked as a System Folder. The folder is empty. Now the issue is that it causes some applications problems so it would be nice to delete it. Since it was only created in error and doesn't seem to be used, I guess this is OK. I could format the drive but that's a bit drastic. It would be nice to just delete the folder, but Windows resists! It simply states that the delete is denied. I also have limited access to the rights and so on because File Manager won't even display it. Does anyone know a way to delete it? Perhaps a nice easy application!! ?

:)

davefaz, Jan 3, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting Win 10 System Folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting Win 10 System Folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 3, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Deleting Win 10 System Folders

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Deleting Win 10 System Folders :(

lyndonguitar, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Deleting Win 10 System Folders

1. Deleting Win 10 System Folders - Similar Threads - Deleting System Folders

2. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete a system folder: How to delete a system folder under This PC which has nothing in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-system-folder/45dd6f83-e577-4e2b-aa84-9e10b13bfcf4
  3. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a system folder: How to delete a system folder under This PC which has nothing in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-system-folder/45dd6f83-e577-4e2b-aa84-9e10b13bfcf4
  4. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission

Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission: I want to remove a driver folder from C:/Windows/System32/FileRepository/ and Windows won't let me. I'm the administrator but it requires SYSTEM permission. I've tried to move it, to delete everything inside, to force remove it from PowerShell as administrator, to change...
  6. Unable to delete unwanted system folders

Unable to delete unwanted system folders: [ATTACH] These folder appeared after I connected my iPhone and PC to back up my iCloud datas. I couldn't delete them though they are all empty. Other than being very annoying they don't really do much to my PC. Please guide me how to delete these folders. When I click on...
  7. Deleting Win 10 Syystem Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Win 10 Syystem Folders: Hi everyone, happy new year! I accidentally booted my PC a month ago with the boot disk in the wrong physical location. Windows seems to have created a Recovery Folder on one of my drives that is causing a problem. The folder is hidden but doesn't even show up when you...
  8. Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"

Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop": Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"unable to delete file or folder open in another program " or "shared in Network" SAFE MODE'or DOS ineffective.Advice?. There is a contained file also undeleteable....
  9. How to delete duplicate system folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete duplicate system folders?: I think I downloaded a .reg file from internet that created double system folders in my computer but I can't remember. They seem to be an extra music, videos, documents, pictures and downloads folder but I cannot put any files in the folder. Anyone know how to delete them?...
  10. Deleting a folder on the system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a folder on the system drive: Hi, A file named customrefresh.wim remains on my C: drive. 9 Gb big. I believe it is a leftover from windows 8.1. I suspect the folder was created by windows 8.1 in connection with creating a USB recovery drive for the 8.1 system. I should have erased it then, but forgot....