Windows 10: Deleting Windows app folders

Discus and support Deleting Windows app folders in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello I'm having issues with deleting webp Image folder. I have used powershell to remove the provisioned app but it seems to come back whenever a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by bee easy06, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Deleting Windows app folders

Hello I'm having issues with deleting webp Image folder. I have used powershell to remove the provisioned app but it seems to come back whenever a windows update comes around. I would prefer to get delete it forever. Unless there is a way to force the update with powershell. I am trying to get my environment up to date and this app is killing our score at the moment. Since there are a good number of machines that need touched I am hoping to find something I can script that actually works.

Thanks in advance!

:)

bee easy06, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Deleting Windows app folders ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting Windows app folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting Windows app folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 24, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Deleting Windows app folders

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Deleting Windows app folders

1. Deleting Windows app folders - Similar Threads - Deleting app folders

2. How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder: Hi, I unable to delete files in the Windows Apps folder. I have tried all recommended options and they still do not work. Additionally, I have tried both Powershell and Command Prompt to no avail. I am confident that these files are not necessary to operating my PC as they...
  3. Windows Apps Folder won't Delete.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps Folder won't Delete.: Hi, so I've seen that this problem has been one for many. I'm trying to install games onto my D: drive with the Xbox App, and it won't let me change the installation folder. All the issues I've seen relate to not being able to delete the folder due to permissions, or renaming...
  4. Cant delete windows apps folders!

Cant delete windows apps folders!: I had to redownload windows because i was having an issue where windows wouldn't update and get stuck in a boot loop, I finally finished downloading it and i wanted to make sure i could install xbox games ontop my computer, when i went to download the games to my disks it...
  5. Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps?

Is it safe to delete MSIXVC folder in windows apps?: It is taking up 80gb, same amount as my Forza Horizon 4. Can I delete it? I really would like to be able to install some other games. I have been researching this for a while now and all the answers are conflicting. Can I delete it? Will it cause my pc any harm?...
  6. how to delete app folder

how to delete app folder: i cannot delete the app and the folder, it says that "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-app-folder/6c9d1cc0-8a91-4f82-8dfd-1c89b93111f3
  7. How to delete the deleted folders in run app

How to delete the deleted folders in run app: Hello, [ATTACH] How do i get rid of this files? I don't have them in my pc anymore but i see them here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-the-deleted-folders-in-run-app/d89918dc-1886-4208-a86a-71a765b0c735
  8. Can't delete broken folder in Windows Apps

Can't delete broken folder in Windows Apps: Hi, I have a big problem. I installed The Outer Worlds, but after update I can't launch the game, because files are broken. The game is not visible in apps & features so i cannot uninstall it in casual way. I tried to delete game folder from Windows apps folder but there is...
  9. Cant Delete Folder - windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Delete Folder - windows apps: I have a folder called 'Windows apps' and its taking up alot of space. Inside the folder are 2 folders called 'MSIXVC' which is 60GB and 'Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.50.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' which is 66Gb. Ive done some investigating and it has something to do with the...
  10. Unable to delete a Windows App folder

Unable to delete a Windows App folder: I can access the Windows App folder as I have changed the security permissions so I have full control. However, I am still prevented from deleting a folder as it states I need the administrator profile's approval. I only have one profile and I am the administrator, so I'm not...