Windows 10: Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

Discus and support Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZacharyMcCants, May 14, 2022.

1. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder on it that I don't have access to. I am assuming the reason that I don't have access to it is because it was probably created by my old laptop, which I don't have anymore, so I'm just looking for a way to delete this folder from the HD so I can free up some more space. I'm assuming that reformatting the drive would fix thi

:)

ZacharyMcCants, May 14, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 14, 2022
  3. jkteddy77 Win User
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, May 14, 2022
  4. steve_750 Win User

Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

RETRIEVE FILES FROM WINDOWSAPP EXTERNAL DRIVE

The folder is named " WindowsApps " plural. The spelling on my initial entry was incorrect.

The last step of the take ownership process results in a "bad data" message. I am very concerned about loosing the file.

I scanned the file and nothing was found.

steve_750, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

1. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Deleting WindowsApps Folder

2. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  3. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  4. CAN'T DELETE WindowsApps on my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN'T DELETE WindowsApps on my external hard drive: whenever I try to delete the folder it just says I have no permission but when I try to change the ownership it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-windowsapps-on-my-external-hard-drive/3fcb88a6-c1a2-4abc-80c6-37ce4fccf22d
  5. CAN'T DELETE WindowsApps on my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN'T DELETE WindowsApps on my external hard drive: whenever I try to delete the folder it just says I have no permission but when I try to change the ownership it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-windowsapps-on-my-external-hard-drive/3fcb88a6-c1a2-4abc-80c6-37ce4fccf22d
  6. CAN'T DELETE WindowsApps on my external hard drive

7. Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive: So I have the game pass and I'm trying to find out what's been blocking me from installing it to my external drive. Long story short I use to be able to, but recently became incapable of it, only to find a windowsapp folder on the drive that's empty and with no stated owner....
  8. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  9. WindowsApps folder on external drive won't delete, tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WindowsApps folder on external drive won't delete, tried everything: I have taken ownership, switched all the files in my drive to be owned by me and give me full control and even tried command prompt and it still won't delete. I am starting to think that my only option is to take all of my data (except the WindowsApps folder) off the drive...
  10. Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive: Hello Everyone I am using WD My Passport External Hard Drive for a while now. Although i can store new files in when there is enough space in it . I can't remove old folder nor i can use repair because it shuts down while progress is still ongoing. Also everytime i stick...