Windows 10: Deletion of backup

Discus and support Deletion of backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I haven't been backing up my file history for about six months and so the file history started backing up locally . I've recently backed up my file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thunderfists500, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

1. Deletion of backup

I haven't been backing up my file history for about six months and so the file history started backing up locally . I've recently backed up my file history to my external hard disk and now I want to delete the backups stored locally . How do I do that?

:)

thunderfists500, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:02 AM

2. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

4. Bokenzhe Win User

Deletion of backup

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Deletion of backup [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Thema:

Deletion of backup

1. Deletion of backup - Similar Threads - Deletion backup

2. Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I...: All I was trying to do was backup a few files, however, one drive had other ideas. It kept getting in a sync loop, syncing all of the wrong files, and it never asked me to specify what files. So, I tried to pause the sync and change what folders specifically synced,...
  3. How to Delete Backup Files in Windows

How to Delete Backup Files in Windows: HOW TO DELETE THIS DAMN PROCESS FOREEVER AND ALSO DRIVE......... I MEAN BACK UP DRIVE PERMINENTALY.............[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-backup-files-in-windows/414eb5ef-1d90-4e07-9694-67fcbfa61d2d
  4. Files being deleted without warning and no backup anywhere.

Files being deleted without warning and no backup anywhere.: Recently a family member was completing coursework for a given subject when the last time they logged on, after an update, their entire coursework folder was deleted from their documents, as well as the onedrive and all recycle bins. after spending a considerable amount of...
  5. deleted data backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleted data backup: any software of deleted data recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-backup/0b3af99d-cbfa-4eb1-838d-a81807b42250
  6. OneDrive deleted harddrive files during sync/backup

OneDrive deleted harddrive files during sync/backup: Hi, I wanted to backup my personal laptop files and decided to use my work 365 OneDrive account as had 1TB space availble. So I connected to this account and said backup bit it gave me no choice to select folders and onedrive locations and started uploading and combining...
  7. Can I delete the folder C:\backup and then create a new restore point?

Can I delete the folder C:\backup and then create a new restore point?: The folder C:\backup has grown way too big for just the restore point 232GB!!!. I tried disk cleanup>more options>delete-all-but-recent, didn't work. Can I delete the entire folder and create a new restore point? Dan...
  8. Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space

Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space: I now using AMOEI products for file backup / partition management, now I have created some backup files differential that are 100Gb I need to delete to recover disk space. When I try to use std Windows delete function I have left for 5 hours and it still says "calculating"...
  9. Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user: Win 10 - I am using Windows 7 Backup and Restore and the error log always shows skipped files of a deleted user. The user is deleted in every way I could find to do it and I have deleted the User Folder for that user. Windows Backup must be finding that old user in the...
  10. Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user

Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user: WIN 10 1909. I am using the Backup and Restore Windows 7 and whenever I do a Windows backup I get "Skipped Files" which are all subfolders of a user "Spare Admin" which I deleted. Why is that so? e\Even in DOS command prompt that user is not listed there. Where is Windows...