Windows 10: Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items

Discus and support Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day!My laptop is currently on Windows 10. Everything the mouse clicks or the cursor is placed is deleted and spams deletion confirmation pops up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CHII_17, Jan 28, 2022.

1. CHII_17 Win User

Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items

Good day!My laptop is currently on Windows 10. Everything the mouse clicks or the cursor is placed is deleted and spams deletion confirmation pops up. It is up to date terms of Windows updates and so far any app crashes every now and then and requires multiple restarts before it functions well then suddenly crashes again after sometime.Hoping to hear from you soon,Thanks!

:)

CHII_17, Jan 28, 2022

2. In Windows 10 taskbar shortcuts all say "the item you selected is unavailable it might have been moved"

All the taskbar items and shortcuts from the start menu are unable to complete their links.

The phrase "the item you selected is unavailable it might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list".

The items have not been moved, nor renamed, nor removed. The list does update with recent items, but I can never get the short cut to work. I have tried to delete these shortcuts, but the "delete" does not delete them.

Any suggestions?

Gavin

gavinpetersmith, Jan 28, 2022
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items

delete/remove files in windows word

Am unable to delete old files listed in windows word. Why are file explorer files placed there in the first place? I only want the word file list to contain what I have selected to save in windows word word.

klaro 1590, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items

1. Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items - Similar Threads - Deletion files words

2. Can't delete Internet Shortcut file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Internet Shortcut file: Basically i dragged an image from google into desktop but instead of the image this file was created and now i can't delete it or do anything with it, it's just stuck here in the desktop. i tried a force delete from cmd but apparently such file does not exist, How do i get...
  3. Can't delete Internet Shortcut file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Internet Shortcut file: Basically i dragged an image from google into desktop but instead of the image this file was created and now i can't delete it or do anything with it, it's just stuck here in the desktop. i tried a force delete from cmd but apparently such file does not exist, How do i get...
  4. Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items: Good day!My laptop is currently on Windows 10. Everything the mouse clicks or the cursor is placed is deleted and spams deletion confirmation pops up. It is up to date terms of Windows updates and so far any app crashes every now and then and requires multiple restarts before...
  5. Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of files, words, shortcuts, or browser items: Good day!My laptop is currently on Windows 10. Everything the mouse clicks or the cursor is placed is deleted and spams deletion confirmation pops up. It is up to date terms of Windows updates and so far any app crashes every now and then and requires multiple restarts before...
  6. Deleting an internet shortcut file

Deleting an internet shortcut file: I have tried deleting an internet shortcut from my documents folder multiple times, but it keeps coming back. There is no error message, and to delete i tried selecting it and using the delete button in the header, and right-clicking to select delete from the drop down menu....
  7. Files or shortcut delete when dragged

Files or shortcut delete when dragged: Whenever I drag a file, folder or application saved in desktop or library, it is automatically sent to the recycle bin, I would like to ask if this a system-specific error or just a general changeable windows 10 error....
  8. delete/remove files in windows word

delete/remove files in windows word: Am unable to delete old files listed in windows word. Why are file explorer files placed there in the first place? I only want the word file list to contain what I have selected to save in windows word word....
  9. Recover A Deleted Word File

Recover A Deleted Word File: I deleted a Word file by mistake and want to recover it. Thank you, Gary Mobile: 414.243.3885 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-deleted-word-file/bff38da3-0d08-4cc3-adfd-42a7f7075ab7
  10. Recover deleted recovery word file

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover deleted recovery word file: I accidentally deleted a recovery word file that I should have saved and now I can't find it anywhere. I am new to windows 10. The word file was created using Office 10. Could someone please help? 65313