Windows 10: Deletion of folder from desktop

Discus and support Deletion of folder from desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Today I found one of my folder from desktop is deleted automatically. Just an hour before I have selected a file and share with someone as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kailashkp, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Kailashkp Win User

Deletion of folder from desktop

Hi,

Today I found one of my folder from desktop is deleted automatically. Just an hour before I have selected a file and share with someone as an attachment in a mail. This is very surprising.

Is there any solution?

:)

Kailashkp, Mar 31, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deletion of folder from desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deletion of folder from desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 31, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 31, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Deletion of folder from desktop - Similar Threads - Deletion folder desktop

2. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  3. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  4. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  6. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  7. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop: Attached is the screenshot of the name of a folder on my desktop - and a screenshot of the contents. Also included is a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to delete this folder. This folder is no longer needed so I'd like to delete it as part of my housekeeping....
  9. Problem Deleting folder from my desktop

Problem Deleting folder from my desktop: So I have this folder created on my desktop unfortunately it has all the Windows-based folders in it like Program Files and all that. Created by user Mayur, I am the user, also the Admin, its a Personal computer, But everytime I try deleting the folder, I get the Pop up...
  10. deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleted desktop folder: deleted desktop folder and this error comes please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-desktop-folder/dd9aa2cc-8b6d-4d8e-b181-5934ced03c24