Windows 10: Delivering a single unified Store experience in Windows 10

Discus and support Delivering a single unified Store experience in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; (As we announced back in September, we will be delivering one application platform for our developers to build apps for with Windows 10. These... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Delivering a single unified Store experience in Windows 10

Source: Delivering a single unified Store experience in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Apr 8, 2015
  2. Tim_605 Win User

Skype Video App - how to set default webcam?

Hey Venkat

Pretty annoying hey. I guess Microsoft is juggling a few balls at the moment I hope they know what they've bitten off... and can digest. I bought in to Microsoft's promise of a unified Windows 10 computing experience (bought a Microsoft phone and all!).
    They're not really delivering yet.

I'll give them a little while. If they don't deliver soon... I might have to join the fruit people (or go back to Android/Ubuntu)

Tim

Tim_605, Apr 8, 2015
  3. Windows store in Europe

My question is when will the full Windows store experience will be available in more countries (Eastern Europe)?

I would like to buy music, movies and games from a unified store, but so far all I see is apps and mobile games.

Pirosaranyos, Apr 8, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

I just noticed that earlier running 'WSReset' opened the Store(Beta).

Edwin, Apr 8, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    I wish MS would put this much effort into pushing Windows Phone into the mainstream smartphones. On the face of it they're building in a streaming service hoping to tap into the Netflix type market in the desktop OS, yet one of the world's leading banks won't develop their mobile banking app for Windows Phone as they don't even see it as relevant. It's all well and good pushing this mobile friendly UI when they can't be bothered to develop their mobile devices.

Sorry for the off-on-a-tangent rant, I want a Windows phone that will do what my iPhone does more than yet another video streaming service available on my desktop if I so desire.

Rant over, sorry. *Confused

Boozad, Apr 9, 2015
  6. BRKKAB Win User
    Funny how since Microsoft released 2 updates for Windows 10 TP Build 10049 yesterday that both the Store Beta & Photo's app's both crash, as soon as they open. Why not fix that first, then add more categories to it. Also, the Store Beta has always failed to update any Microsoft app's and it doesn't have a way for the user to check for app updates in it.

BRKKAB, Apr 9, 2015
  7. BRKKAB Win User
    As more time/builds get released, I'm becoming less impressed with Windows 10. Even thouhg it's a free upgrade for Windows 7 & 8.1 user's, I no longer see a good reason to upgrade. Stardock Start8 is more customizable than Windows 10's start menu is. I can already run modern app's in resizable windows on the desktop, thank's to Stardock's ModernMix. Cortana & Spartan really aren't enough of a reason to upgrade. I could really care less about universal app's, as I use real desktop software for what I do and like. I don't really care for any of the store app's and alot of the developer's that have released worthy app's in the store, have stopped updating them, as they're more interested in Google & Apple's platforms.Touch is ok for a smartphone, but not for a pc or laptop, in my opinion. The only tablets that can run desktop software, are all overpriced.I've never been a Apple or Google fan, by any means aat all. I've used Windows on every pc, I've owned since my first one in 1995.Back in the mid-70's my elementary school got Apple pc's for the kid's to use, as Windows didn't exist yet. The school had to sell the Apple's, as none of us kid's wanted anything to do with them.Personally, if Microsoft doesn't kill the Music app, video app, upgrade Windows Media Player from 2009's WMP 12 & Windows Media Center from Windows Vista's 2007 version. Microsoft will be losing me to Linux.

BRKKAB, Apr 9, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

There's rumor that Microsoft will actually be releasing ROM's for Android phones to run Windows 10 on them and replace Android.

Mystere, Apr 9, 2015
  9. Trust_No1 Win User
    @BRKKAB
    This is a Windows 10 forum, and I found some are excessively protective of this new version, as were many when Windows 8 came out. I also, have my reservations about Windows 10, and I probably wouldn't upgrade for various reasons. But in any case, I wouldn't take the comments to seriously.

With that said, I have a question about the Enterprise Version of Windows 10.

I presume it mainly directed towards business, and I am wondering, the entire right side of the Start Menu is for Metro Apps. I can't see any real purpose (in a business enviroment) that it would be necessary to have this show (I wouldn't want my employees, checking out the store, downloading things, or gaming, etc.). So can the Metro portion be turned off entirely? or, do businesses develop their own in-house only metro apps?

This really also goes for Windows 8, I just don't see it as a business oriented software solution.

Or am I missing something, is Enterprise entirely different?

Trust_No1, Apr 9, 2015
  10. BillyBob Win User
    Its not about being protective, not in my case anyway, it's just that when someone says they're leaving the Microsoft fold on the basis of a couple of entertainment apps on a less than half finished OS, it just seems a bit silly, especially saing they're going to Linux.
    There are things I don't like, but I'm happy to see how things turn out, I'm not paying for it so who cares. It's an OS, if you want something buy an app or get a free one.

BillyBob, Apr 9, 2015
  11. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, seems like it is taking away an easy way to find new music

Currently while I am listening to music I can view the artist bio and get recommendations of similar, then go straight to that other artist and buy or download using the music pass

If this is all taken out of the music app, what advantage does it have over other media players (except its a requirement if using the music pass)

paulsalter, Apr 9, 2015
  12. Trust_No1 Win User
    Actually, I wasn't referring to your comment, someone else had said something like "Are you still around...", which IMO was a bit rude. But, I don't see the post now, perhaps it was removed, or maybe I am just crazy. I will wait to see how 10 ends up, but what I see as it is now, free or not, I doubt I would use it.

But again, on Windows 10 Enterprise version, can metro be turned off or the store, as I stated earlier, 10 to me, just doesn't seem business oriented, can people log into their personal Microsoft accounts?? I don't understand how that works.

Trust_No1, Apr 9, 2015
  13. adamf Win User

Yes it can and it normally is. In my experience (banking) in a corporate environment you sign on with your domain credentials and you are given whatever your IT dept decides. This may or may not link to a MS account. Normally not and certainly not your personal one.

In exactly the same way you would not have authority to download some .exe and run it. You'll be lucky if you are allowed access to the internet at all and certainly USB devices will be blocked by group policy.

Anything outside of that policy you will not be allowed to do without it being signed in triplicate. As an external consultant I am normally given Wi-Fi internet access immediately, access to their internal network later and access to their domain last.

As for the users - they don't care as long as all the buttons are in the same place as they were in 1987.

adamf, Apr 9, 2015
  14. Mystere Win User
    You are missing that Microsoft has an entirely different solution for Enterprise customers.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.10).aspx

You also seem to forget that Enterprise can develop custom Universal applications for their own internal use.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Delivering a single unified Store experience in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Delivering single unified

2. Microsoft Bing now delivers more visually immersive experiences

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bing now delivers more visually immersive experiences: At Microsoft Bing we're looking for ways to give you back time so you can focus on the things that really matter. We’re also looking for ways to move thoughtfully beyond a list of links, to a world of search results that seamlessly combine information with...
  3. the typical Windows Store experience

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the typical Windows Store experience: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/joseph_jojo_shabadoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqzvms/the_typical_windows_store_experience/
  4. Samsung Galaxy Note10 delivers OneDrive Gallery experience

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Galaxy Note10 delivers OneDrive Gallery experience: In August, we announced that Microsoft OneDrive will begin powering the photos and cloud storage experience on Samsung Galaxy phones and devices. Samsung is now rolling out the new experience to Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ devices in Europe with the US to follow. Soon your...
  5. Windows 10 will finally deliver a refined optional updates experience

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will finally deliver a refined optional updates experience: With Windows 10, Microsoft moved all options to manage Windows Update from the Control Panel to the Settings app. Settings app offers a more modern and straightforward approach, but it does not allow users to manage optional updates. Windows optional updates can be driver...
  6. Microsoft Teams delivers new experiences for the intelligent workplace

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams delivers new experiences for the intelligent workplace: Today, at the Enterprise Connect event in Orlando, Florida, Microsoft Teams won the Best in Show award for the second year in a row in recognition for its vision for making communication and collaboration easier for the entire workforce, including those on the frontline. This...
  7. Store Experience Host on Windows Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store Experience Host on Windows Store: is there an Automatically Getting App Update On Windows Store With Application Name -Store Experience Host- On Windows Store? What this is ? [img] Previously this app appears With the description .Name not available. after I update this application the application name...
  8. New unified Microsoft Sign-in experience is now in public preview

in Windows 10 News
    New unified Microsoft Sign-in experience is now in public preview: Howdy folks, We’re continuing to make progress on converging the Azure AD and Microsoft account identity systems. One of the big steps on this journey is to redesign the sign-in UI so both systems look consistent. Today I’m happy to announce that this updated design is in...
  9. Adding Music to the unified Store experience in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Adding Music to the unified Store experience in Windows 10: Back in April we talked about how we’re delivering a unified Store experience in Windows 10. We also turned on the Movies & TV page in the Windows Store Beta. Starting today (rolling out over the course of the next 24 hours), we’re turning on the Music page in the Store Beta....
  10. Delivering Personalized Search Experiences through Windows 10 Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Delivering Personalized Search Experiences through Windows 10 Cortana: With Windows 10, we have invested in delivering comprehensive, end-to-end search capabilities that make Windows more personal, intuitive and helpful. The Cortana search box, in the bottom left of the Windows 10 taskbar, allows you to easily search across apps, documents,...