Windows 10: Delivery Optimization and other Setting Continue to Run even when Turned Off in Settings

Discus and support Delivery Optimization and other Setting Continue to Run even when Turned Off in Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question. I am using Win 10 1803. I went into the settings and turned of delivery optimization. Go to services, and delivery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Asinine1, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Asinine1 Win User

Delivery Optimization and other Setting Continue to Run even when Turned Off in Settings

Hi,

I have a question. I am using Win 10 1803. I went into the settings and turned of delivery optimization. Go to services, and delivery optimization is still running. Go into gpedit and create a rule to stop it from running, and there it is in services running again.

I have to disable it in services everytime I boot into Windows. In addition, I have to disable Windows Update and Module Installer too unless I need them. Yet, There is Microsoft Medic running to un disable those services, unless I stop the program when running. At the time of login to the Windows desktop.

My question is, why lie to the user and create a false sense of security or function under the Settings name, if all you are going to do is run in the background regardless of the users choice or selections? Why dupe the customer at all? Is this just another "Red X" example of when you rolled out Win 10 and no one wanted it, so, you duped them into thinking clicking the Red X on the box would close the box, but instead install Win 10? The same goes for the Telemetry you collect and Cortana. I have to literally break Windows 10 to almost keyboard input only, in order to get rid of Cortana and telemetry. So, basically no other Microsoft product will run on the system when it is broken like that.

When someone says no, the answer and action should be no.

:)

Asinine1, Dec 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Delivery Optimization won't turn off

Hey,

When I open my task manager, I see "Delivery Optimization" at the top of the list of the programs using the most bandwith, and it is really annoying. I have tried turning it off through settings (there are instructions on how to do this on the website),
    but it won't go away and stop wasting all my bandwith. I'm frustrated, to say the least.

MagnusLangslet, Dec 30, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Delivery Optimization and other Setting Continue to Run even when Turned Off in Settings

Delivery Optimization won't turn off

Hi Magnus

Does this not work for you . . .

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Update and Security - Windows Updates

Click Advanced options - Delivery Optimization - Advanced Options

Pull the sliders you find there all the way to minimum and turn off Delivery Optimization . . .

DaveM121, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Delivery Optimization and other Setting Continue to Run even when Turned Off in Settings - Similar Threads - Delivery Optimization Setting

2. Even though delivery optimization turned off, it still runs in background and uses my whole...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even though delivery optimization turned off, it still runs in background and uses my whole...: [ATTACH] I put data usage limit to monitor the usage better. Other it is way more than this. For comparison, it was less than 1.5Gb at the morning https://preview.redd.it/y2f14k2i6w7a1.png?width=1063&format=png&auto=webp&s=1519d4d5a0fe047aa0db44064b6757a28e703d81 I...
  3. Delivery Optimization will not turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery Optimization will not turn off: Hi, I've disabled Delivery Optimization from the settings but it wont turn off, the service is still taking up all of my internet 10mbps worth and making it unusable.Please help !...
  4. Delivery Optimization will not turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery Optimization will not turn off: Hi, I've disabled Delivery Optimization from the settings but it wont turn off, the service is still taking up all of my internet 10mbps worth and making it unusable.Please help !...
  5. What setting for Delivery Optimization when using DirectAccess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What setting for Delivery Optimization when using DirectAccess: Most staff now connecting in via DirectAccess as opposed to a small minority. Client's Windows 10 1809 ent. When rolling out Windows updates via internal WSUS, there is a noticeable rise in complaints about poor network performance. I currently have Computer Configuration...
  6. Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.: Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off on any setting un plugged or plugged in but it still does and I cant leave my computer for more than 2 minutes without it turning off witch leaves me stuck trying to download something that...
  7. Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization: Like the title says. This incredibly annoying service is CONSTANTLY downloading something to my PC. I can kill it in task manager only for maybe half a minute, then it comes back destroying my internet bandwith because it is using maximum downlad speed it can. I turned it off...
  8. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: After some hours today following multiple troubleshoots to get the Windows Store to speed up, I've encountered another problem that could be the answer to the first problem. This menu called Delivery Optimization that I've read here and there helps Microsoft Store download...
  9. Delivery Optimization won't turn off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization won't turn off: Hey, When I open my task manager, I see "Delivery Optimization" at the top of the list of the programs using the most bandwith, and it is really annoying. I have tried turning it off through settings (there are instructions on how to do this on the website), but it won't go...
  10. Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off: Noticed this today on my laptop currently running Windows 10 Home x64 v1803 build 17134.191. [img] This happened when I ran the Settings app and clicked on 'Update & Security' whilst the system was still settling down immediately after Windows startup. I noticed that it...