Windows 10: Delivery Optimization Files

Discus and support Delivery Optimization Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was downloading Forza Horizon 4 yesterday and today I went to see my disk's and saw that I lost like 60 GB on my C disk installed on D and then I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TotalingBanjo62, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Delivery Optimization Files

I was downloading Forza Horizon 4 yesterday and today I went to see my disk's and saw that I lost like 60 GB on my C disk installed on D and then I ran disk cleanup tool and saw the Delivery Optimization Files. Is it safe to delete?

:)

TotalingBanjo62, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

How does Windows Delivery Optimization detect the bandwidth available?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In the heart of the Windows kernel there is a networking stack. It contains a suite of algorithms that would determine the available bandwidth.

You can use the PowerShell cmdlets to monitor the delivery optimization.
    Get-DeliveryOptimizationStatusreturns a real-time snapshot of all current Delivery Optimization jobs. For more information, I would suggest you
    to refer to the article: Set up Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates

Additional info:

If you have further queries, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on Delivery Optimization.

Junaid_A, Jan 9, 2020
  3. cian-928 Win User
    DELIVERY OPTIMIZATION FILES

Disk cleanup says I can delete the delivery optimization files if it is no longer being used by the delivery optimization service. I have the upgrade of Windows 10. How can I tell if the files are still being used or not? Don't really care for Windows
    10, but I am past the 1 month period to go back to Windows 7.

cian-928, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Delivery Optimization Files

Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Delivery Optimization Files

1. Delivery Optimization Files - Similar Threads - Delivery Optimization Files

2. Stucked files in Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stucked files in Delivery Optimization: I have high bandwidth usage caused by Delivery OptimizationGet-DeliveryOptimizationStatus output belowLooks like it keeps downloading same files all the time. Trying to clear DeliveryOptimization cache, install office updates manually, restarts - no luck, it's still...
  3. Stucked files in Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stucked files in Delivery Optimization: I have high bandwidth usage caused by Delivery OptimizationGet-DeliveryOptimizationStatus output belowLooks like it keeps downloading same files all the time. Trying to clear DeliveryOptimization cache, install office updates manually, restarts - no luck, it's still...
  4. Delivery optimization cache file

Delivery optimization cache file: I want to tell you that I recently notice that delivery Optimisation cache files are showing in my file explorer recent access and recent access history and it is very annoying to me so I show the Microsoft website and simply removed them from my from my recent access and...
  5. Delivery optimization cache file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization cache file: I want to tell you that I recently notice that delivery Optimisation cache files are showing in my file explorer recent access and recent access history and it is very annoying to me so I show the Microsoft website and simply removed them from my from my recent access and...
  6. Delivery Optimization Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization Files: How to find delivery optimization files in file explorer other than disk cleanup and windows setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization-files/71ae4754-fa85-49f7-a9bc-30fd5aaaf11a
  7. Delivery Optimization Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery Optimization Files: How to find delivery optimization files in file explorer other than disk cleanup and windows setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization-files/71ae4754-fa85-49f7-a9bc-30fd5aaaf11a
  8. Delivery Optimization Files

9. Delivery Optimization Files DOF

Delivery Optimization Files DOF: Can I safely delete DOF in disk cleanup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization-files-dof/c8e00664-1cd5-4bee-9c51-7c6387009e51
  10. Delivery Optimization Files

Delivery Optimization Files: Hi, So in My C drive, the Delivery Optimization Files occupied 35 GB after the update on 12th may and I am wondering if it is safe to delete the file via Disk cleanup or shall I just leave it?...