Windows 10: delivery optimization is consuming data

Discus and support delivery optimization is consuming data in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SHUBHAMMAURYA4, Sep 9, 2020.

1. delivery optimization is consuming data

Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc, so i did the following:

• disabled delivery optimization in windows setting. didn't work
    • disabled " allow downloads from other pc" didn't work
    • disabled delivery optimization service in service.msc worked but after the next boot up it came back again
    • disabled automatic update in window and windows store. didn't work
    • used windows firewall for delivery optimization to stop accessing the network it worked but it restricted my whole computer to use network, including browsers, i dont know why is that?
    • used every other tutorial available on internet, but this DoSvc is not in mood of saving my data bill

and yes, I have updated my windows to most latest version perhaps it is what causing the problem so don't suggest me to update.

please help!

:)

SHUBHAMMAURYA4, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Windows Update and Delivery Optimization burning through data on metered connection

We suggest that to manage your connection consume for Windows Update and Delivery Optimization is to configure Delivery Optimization through Group Policy and Windows Update by deferring the Windows Update.

For more information on how to use Group Policy to configure Windows Update Delivery Optimization in Windows 10, check this
    link.

Deferring Windows upgrades prevent your device from getting the latest Windows features downloaded or installed for several months. It doesn't affect any security updates. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Settings in Cortana Search and press
      Enter
    • Click Update & Security and click Advance Options under
      Update settings.
    • Check the tick box for Defer feature updates.

Let us know how it goes to assist you further.

Erika Aro, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data

Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data. What would I have to do to stop upload to other PCs.
    delivery optimization is consuming data 5bd8a7e7-6e8a-4997-a43a-07681bb97f26?upload=true.png

Or if the above should be enough, what can I do about it?

Albert Manoj, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

delivery optimization is consuming data

How does Windows Delivery Optimization detect the bandwidth available?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In the heart of the Windows kernel there is a networking stack. It contains a suite of algorithms that would determine the available bandwidth.

You can use the PowerShell cmdlets to monitor the delivery optimization.
    Get-DeliveryOptimizationStatusreturns a real-time snapshot of all current Delivery Optimization jobs. For more information, I would suggest you
    to refer to the article: Set up Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates

Additional info:

If you have further queries, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on Delivery Optimization.

Junaid_A, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

delivery optimization is consuming data

1. delivery optimization is consuming data - Similar Threads - delivery optimization consuming

2. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization: Service Host: Network service - Delivery optimizationDisabled under Delivery optimization in windows update settings, set to disabled in services, disabled in regedit. and it turns itself back on how can I turn this off permenantly i have horrid internet and even a fraction...
  3. Service Host: Network service Delivery Optimization consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network service Delivery Optimization consuming too much data: Hi sir, In my widnwos 10 the Serivce Host Delivery Optimization is consuming too much data from my metered connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-network-service-delivery-optimization/c49187b4-873f-4121-8eac-264286310d34
  4. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: How to remove it ? submitted by /u/Dhrubadey50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk66rw/delivery_optimization/
  5. Delivery Optimization

Delivery Optimization: What is Delivery Optimization? Why does it use +60% of my bandwith? Is it ok to disable this Service from Services app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization/1db2fca0-4273-407a-b29b-1fdab04bb281
  6. delivery optimization is consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delivery optimization is consuming too much data: Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc, so i did the following: disabled delivery optimization in windows setting. didn't work disabled " allow downloads from...
  7. Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data: Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data. What would I have to do to stop upload to other PCs.[ATTACH] Or if the above should be enough, what can I do about it?...
  8. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: After some hours today following multiple troubleshoots to get the Windows Store to speed up, I've encountered another problem that could be the answer to the first problem. This menu called Delivery Optimization that I've read here and there helps Microsoft Store download...
  9. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery optimization: Does file and printer sharing need to be on to enable Delivery optimization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization/e4df484b-e821-4e10-9471-6fadba20656e
  10. Delivery Optimization

Delivery Optimization: My network is a single computer with an ethernet connection to the internet. Is there any particular reason why I should keep Delivery Optimization turned on? My internet search has left me more confused than anything else, but I get the sense that it is likely not doing...