Windows 10: Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth

Discus and support Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Delivery optimization is grayed out -- I cannot choose to allow or deny downloading from other computers on my network. Advanced settings is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KJ6BWB, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/KJ6BWB Win User

Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth

Delivery optimization is grayed out -- I cannot choose to allow or deny downloading from other computers on my network. Advanced settings is also grayed out so I can't control how much bandwidth update is using, in either the foreground or the background.

submitted by /u/KJ6BWB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KJ6BWB, Jun 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 30, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Delivery Optimization eating all my bandwidth

Hi ShamPoyekar

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Update and Security - Windows Update

Go to Advanced Options - Delivery Optimization - Advanced Options

Pull the bottom two sliders to their minimum values

That will seriously reduce the bandwidth and amount of monthly data used by Delivery Optimization for you . . .

DaveM121, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth

How does Windows Delivery Optimization detect the bandwidth available?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In the heart of the Windows kernel there is a networking stack. It contains a suite of algorithms that would determine the available bandwidth.

You can use the PowerShell cmdlets to monitor the delivery optimization.
    Get-DeliveryOptimizationStatusreturns a real-time snapshot of all current Delivery Optimization jobs. For more information, I would suggest you
    to refer to the article: Set up Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates

Additional info:

If you have further queries, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on Delivery Optimization.

Junaid_A, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth - Similar Threads - Delivery optimization grayed

2. Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth: For the FIFTH TIME, windows delivery optimization has stolen over 30g in one hour. No solutions to turn it off have worked. My bandwidth is limited, and I pay for everything Microsoft steals. Standby for the class action lawsuit....
  3. Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth: For the FIFTH TIME, windows delivery optimization has stolen over 30g in one hour. No solutions to turn it off have worked. My bandwidth is limited, and I pay for everything Microsoft steals. Standby for the class action lawsuit....
  4. Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization: Hello,I tried using Delivery Optimization Advanced Settings but could not see any effect on the download rate of Xbox Install queue.For example If I set if to [x] Absolute Bandwidth [x] Limit background: 1 Mbps [x] Limit foreground: 1 MbpsIt corresponds to about 4 MB/s during...
  6. Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization: Hello,I tried using Delivery Optimization Advanced Settings but could not see any effect on the download rate of Xbox Install queue.For example If I set if to [x] Absolute Bandwidth [x] Limit background: 1 Mbps [x] Limit foreground: 1 MbpsIt corresponds to about 4 MB/s during...
  7. Turned of delivery optimization but it still eats my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned of delivery optimization but it still eats my bandwidth: There was a similar post that was posted i tried copying the method cause the problem was the same as that but while performing the clear boot after restarting it is just stuck at the lock screen saying that "something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set up...
  8. Delivery optimization using all bandwidth, won't disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization using all bandwidth, won't disable: Hi, delivery optimization is using all of my bandwidth, when I look under task manager it is under the process Service Host: Network Service, expanding this shows that it is delivery optimization using the bandwidth. I tried ending the task, but it restarts itself after a few...
  9. Disable or at least allow user to control Delivery Optimization Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable or at least allow user to control Delivery Optimization Service: Like i said in the subject, hot to stop or at least allow user with F*CKING low bandwidth to control usage of useless Delivery Optimization Service. I've doing more than Microsoft suggest to control that service. Disable automatic update, control BITS on Service, doing...
  10. Delivery Optimization eating all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery Optimization eating all my bandwidth: there's a service called Delivery Optimization keeps running in the background and uses my all internet bandwidth everyday, even If I stop it it starts again after sometime...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change upload settings delivery optimisation