Windows 10: Delivery Optimization Service

Discus and support Delivery Optimization Service in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have four home computers, only two running Windows 10. Is it a good idea to have this service on? Why not turn it off and delete the hundreds of MB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Grandpa Jim, May 4, 2019.

1. Delivery Optimization Service

We have four home computers, only two running Windows 10. Is it a good idea to have this service on? Why not turn it off and delete the hundreds of MB of files stored in it?

:)

Grandpa Jim, May 4, 2019

2. Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, May 4, 2019
  3. Phillip Pio, May 4, 2019
  4. Delivery Optimization Service

Service Host: Delivery Optimization

Hello!

There's this service host called delivery optimization and it's really sucking up all of my network, and I have been really impatient with it in the last few days. Can I stop the service? How? And are there consequences if I do that? Thanks.

Gabriel Farrish Rojo, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Delivery Optimization Service

1. Delivery Optimization Service - Similar Threads - Delivery Optimization Service

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  6. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  7. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization: Service Host: Network service - Delivery optimizationDisabled under Delivery optimization in windows update settings, set to disabled in services, disabled in regedit. and it turns itself back on how can I turn this off permenantly i have horrid internet and even a fraction...
  8. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: After some hours today following multiple troubleshoots to get the Windows Store to speed up, I've encountered another problem that could be the answer to the first problem. This menu called Delivery Optimization that I've read here and there helps Microsoft Store download...
  9. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service: After recent Windows update v1809 (Build 17763.79), I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes by internet bandwidth in the background which makes the web surfing very slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied"....
  10. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”: I live in a very wooded area and have an extreammly small bandwith. According to my task manager the only process passively taking up bandwith is this delivery optimization. I’ve already tried to stop througg the firewall and by disabling it under services. If anyone knows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delivery optimization service

2. is delivery optimization service needed 2019