Windows 10: Delivery Optimization without SCCM?

Discus and support Delivery Optimization without SCCM? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are seeking to use Intune MDM and AutoPilot for new deployments. I have been reading about setting up a DOINC server to facilitate local network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Wright_182, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Delivery Optimization without SCCM?

We are seeking to use Intune MDM and AutoPilot for new deployments.

I have been reading about setting up a DOINC server to facilitate local network caching - but we don't have SCCM (why would we, that's for domains.)

Can we set up a local-network *Intune* cache without SCCM ?

:)

Paul Wright_182, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

How does Windows Delivery Optimization detect the bandwidth available?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In the heart of the Windows kernel there is a networking stack. It contains a suite of algorithms that would determine the available bandwidth.

You can use the PowerShell cmdlets to monitor the delivery optimization.
    Get-DeliveryOptimizationStatusreturns a real-time snapshot of all current Delivery Optimization jobs. For more information, I would suggest you
    to refer to the article: Set up Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates

Additional info:

If you have further queries, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on Delivery Optimization.

Junaid_A, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Delivery Optimization without SCCM?

Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Delivery Optimization without SCCM?

1. Delivery Optimization without SCCM? - Similar Threads - Delivery Optimization without

2. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization: Service Host: Network service - Delivery optimizationDisabled under Delivery optimization in windows update settings, set to disabled in services, disabled in regedit. and it turns itself back on how can I turn this off permenantly i have horrid internet and even a fraction...
  3. Delivery Optimization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delivery Optimization: 1. In the delivery optimization settings what would happen if I switch off "Allow downloads from other PC's ".2. There are two other options which say " Devices on my local network" and "Devices on the internet and my local network" what would happen in each case if they are...
  4. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: How to remove it ? submitted by /u/Dhrubadey50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk66rw/delivery_optimization/
  5. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization: What is Delivery Optimization? Why does it use +60% of my bandwith? Is it ok to disable this Service from Services app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization/1db2fca0-4273-407a-b29b-1fdab04bb281
  6. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery Optimization: Hi! I have some issues with the Delivery Optimization feature. Whenever I check it, it is turned off, I turn it on and after a reboot or a long time, it is turned off again Have a nice time ahead....
  7. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: After some hours today following multiple troubleshoots to get the Windows Store to speed up, I've encountered another problem that could be the answer to the first problem. This menu called Delivery Optimization that I've read here and there helps Microsoft Store download...
  8. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery optimization: Does file and printer sharing need to be on to enable Delivery optimization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization/e4df484b-e821-4e10-9471-6fadba20656e
  9. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization: My network is a single computer with an ethernet connection to the internet. Is there any particular reason why I should keep Delivery Optimization turned on? My internet search has left me more confused than anything else, but I get the sense that it is likely not doing...
  10. delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delivery optimization: Hi How can I benefit from (delivery optimization) and what are the pros and cons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/delivery-optimization/4209f35f-cc04-4ff7-a619-e73c8b3661e6