Windows 10: Delivery Optimization won't turn off

Discus and support Delivery Optimization won't turn off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, When I open my task manager, I see "Delivery Optimization" at the top of the list of the programs using the most bandwith, and it is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MagnusLangslet, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Delivery Optimization won't turn off

Hey,

When I open my task manager, I see "Delivery Optimization" at the top of the list of the programs using the most bandwith, and it is really annoying. I have tried turning it off through settings (there are instructions on how to do this on the website), but it won't go away and stop wasting all my bandwith. I'm frustrated, to say the least.

:)

MagnusLangslet, Mar 1, 2019

2. Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 1, 2019
  4. das10 Win User

Delivery Optimization won't turn off

Disable Delivery Optimization

I too have noted the same behaviour. But according to this Reddit discussions, Delivery Optimization is not exclusively related to P2P updates, but is also related to other MS update tasks. According to those discussions, Delivery Optimization service will not stay disabled for long and hence the cache folder we are seeing which is somehow related to that service.

I have turned off Delivery Optimization but it is still using my bandwidth?? : Windows10
    Delivery Optimization Service still downloading after turning off update sharing? : Windows10

das10, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Delivery Optimization won't turn off

1. Delivery Optimization won't turn off - Similar Threads - Delivery Optimization won't

2. Delivery Optimization will not turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery Optimization will not turn off: Hi, I've disabled Delivery Optimization from the settings but it wont turn off, the service is still taking up all of my internet 10mbps worth and making it unusable.Please help !...
  3. Delivery Optimization will not turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery Optimization will not turn off: Hi, I've disabled Delivery Optimization from the settings but it wont turn off, the service is still taking up all of my internet 10mbps worth and making it unusable.Please help !...
  4. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization: Service Host: Network service - Delivery optimizationDisabled under Delivery optimization in windows update settings, set to disabled in services, disabled in regedit. and it turns itself back on how can I turn this off permenantly i have horrid internet and even a fraction...
  5. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: How to remove it ? submitted by /u/Dhrubadey50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk66rw/delivery_optimization/
  6. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization: What is Delivery Optimization? Why does it use +60% of my bandwith? Is it ok to disable this Service from Services app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization/1db2fca0-4273-407a-b29b-1fdab04bb281
  7. Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization: Like the title says. This incredibly annoying service is CONSTANTLY downloading something to my PC. I can kill it in task manager only for maybe half a minute, then it comes back destroying my internet bandwith because it is using maximum downlad speed it can. I turned it off...
  8. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: After some hours today following multiple troubleshoots to get the Windows Store to speed up, I've encountered another problem that could be the answer to the first problem. This menu called Delivery Optimization that I've read here and there helps Microsoft Store download...
  9. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization: My network is a single computer with an ethernet connection to the internet. Is there any particular reason why I should keep Delivery Optimization turned on? My internet search has left me more confused than anything else, but I get the sense that it is likely not doing...
  10. Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off: Noticed this today on my laptop currently running Windows 10 Home x64 v1803 build 17134.191. [img] This happened when I ran the Settings app and clicked on 'Update & Security' whilst the system was still settling down immediately after Windows startup. I noticed that it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delivery optimization wont allow me to turn off

2. windows wont shut down delivery optimization

3. delivery host optimization will not turn off

4. delivery optimization is turned off but still running,
  5. delivery optimization will not turn off,
  6. access denied delivery optimization