Windows 10: Delivery optimization

Discus and support Delivery optimization in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whyyyyy does Microsoft do this to me? I have turned it off 100 times, but it always turns back on, i have to go to regedit:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vitus1337, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Delivery optimization

Whyyyyy does Microsoft do this to me? I have turned it off 100 times, but it always turns back on, i have to go to regedit: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DoSvc and set start to 4 instead of 3 which it defaults to.

But everytime i use the xbox game pass it goes back to 3 which enables it again :S

Is there some way to make sure it always stay off? If i play online games, my ping goes from 60 to 300 when it turns on. And in task manager it says it uses more off my network connection than the internet connection i have.

I hate Microsoft Windows so much. But no other OS supports games in the same way :S

submitted by /u/Vitus1337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vitus1337, Feb 20, 2023
  2. Junaid_A Win User

How does Windows Delivery Optimization detect the bandwidth available?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In the heart of the Windows kernel there is a networking stack. It contains a suite of algorithms that would determine the available bandwidth.

You can use the PowerShell cmdlets to monitor the delivery optimization.
    Get-DeliveryOptimizationStatusreturns a real-time snapshot of all current Delivery Optimization jobs. For more information, I would suggest you
    to refer to the article: Set up Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates

Additional info:

If you have further queries, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on Delivery Optimization.

Junaid_A, Feb 20, 2023
  3. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

Windows Update Delivery Optimization and privacy - Microsoft Support

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 20, 2023
  4. Delivery optimization

Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

Delivery optimization

1. Delivery optimization - Similar Threads - Delivery optimization

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why does my Delivery Optimization GPO not apply correctly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Delivery Optimization GPO not apply correctly?: Hello,In my company, we face the challenge of limited internet bandwidth in many of our branches. So for a long Time the "Solution" to Windows Updates was "no Updates". Obviously this is not a good Solution and we need to change that. We decided to configure Delivery...
  6. Why does my Delivery Optimization GPO not apply correctly?

Why does my Delivery Optimization GPO not apply correctly?: Hello,In my company, we face the challenge of limited internet bandwidth in many of our branches. So for a long Time the "Solution" to Windows Updates was "no Updates". Obviously this is not a good Solution and we need to change that. We decided to configure Delivery...
  7. Why does my Delivery Optimization GPO not apply correctly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to permanently disable delivery optimization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable delivery optimization?: Currently I am struggling with delivery optimisation using up my bandwith. As well as Background intelegence trasfer service.To prevent delivery optimisation from running I have been doing this....1. Open Registry Editor.2. Go to...
  9. How to permanently disable delivery optimization?

How to permanently disable delivery optimization?: Currently I am struggling with delivery optimisation using up my bandwith. As well as Background intelegence trasfer service.To prevent delivery optimisation from running I have been doing this....1. Open Registry Editor.2. Go to...
  10. How to permanently disable delivery optimization?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging