Windows 10: DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

Discus and support DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a secondary drive D: in my PC - it's a hard disk but it's not the system drive which is the C: drive. All of a sudden, after years of using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilipStratford, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

I have a secondary drive D: in my PC - it's a hard disk but it's not the system drive which is the C: drive. All of a sudden, after years of using Windows 10 on this computer, new system folders are appearing in the root of this secondary drive. The folders are DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem.

There were also Program Files and Program Files x86 folders there too up until yesterday, until I took a chance and deleted them well, I moved them to a subfolder to see if anything broke. I know very well what the Program Files folders are for, but have no idea why duplicates suddenly appeared in the D: drive - the main versions are still where they should be on C:.

When I moved the DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystemfolders to the same subfolder as a test, but they just reappeared in the root of the drive again within hours.

Obviously some Windows system perhaps the Windows Store? has decided to target the root of my D: drive, for some reason, but I don't know what system, why or, most importantly how to fix it! Can anyone help?

:)

PhilipStratford, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Sean Bond Win User

DeliveryOptimization folder - why is it there?

Hi,

I noticed a couple of weeks back that a DeliveryOptimization folder appeared in the root of my data drive. I've made no changes to my Windows Update configuration and don't use the Delivery Optimization feature.

I can delete the folder but it reappears with seemingly no pattern.

Why is this folder appearing? Can I remove it permanently?

If not - can I move it to another drive?

Many thanks,

Sean

Sean Bond, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Taczo Win User
    help !! i dont know why the folders WpSystem and WindowsApps showing in my other partition drive it should be on C drive

One day i noticed there was many strange folders on my other partition drive which i named " E " ( that is also my game drive ) and i noticed these folder should be on " C " drive these folders names were

1- Deliveryoptimization

2- WpSystem

3- WindowsApps

and i got very afraid i had many questions why they are showing here?? what did i do wrong ??? is it a virus or something ???

i thought cut pasting will help me i cut pasted Deliveryoptimization folder to " C " and it got pasted without a problem but when i try to cut paste the other two folder i can't paste them its shows one or two files cant be moved while these folders are
    of around 23 mb its not a storage issue please can anyone help Help me microsoft or Bill Gates or anyone please

Taczo, Nov 25, 2020
  4. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

Lost folder only shows up in WPSystem

What does "WPSystem" stand for?

Frederik Long, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

1. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of... - Similar Threads - DeliveryOptimization WindowsApps WpSystem

2. All of a sudden a Non-Deletable folder called "DeliveryOptimization" has appeared, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden a Non-Deletable folder called "DeliveryOptimization" has appeared, why?: without any changes to any windows / microsoft settings, infact I had not even opened the settings app in some while, a folder right in the middle of my organized folder layout appears, it is called "DeliveryOptimization" and has a sub folder called cache. According to my...
  3. All of a sudden a Non-Deletable folder called "DeliveryOptimization" has appeared, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of a sudden a Non-Deletable folder called "DeliveryOptimization" has appeared, why?: without any changes to any windows / microsoft settings, infact I had not even opened the settings app in some while, a folder right in the middle of my organized folder layout appears, it is called "DeliveryOptimization" and has a sub folder called cache. According to my...
  4. Accidentally moved the WindowsApps folder to WpSystem and can't move it, remove it or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved the WindowsApps folder to WpSystem and can't move it, remove it or...: I was trying to get into the WindowsApps folder to see what is inside and to see if I have any apps installed that didn't show up in Windows Store. I accidentally moved the folder into the WpSystem folder and now I get errors whenever I try to access the folder in any...
  5. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and SpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and SpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...: I have a secondary drive D: in my PC - it's a hard disk but it's not the system drive which is the C: drive. All of a sudden, after years of using Windows 10 on this computer, new system folders are appearing in the root of this secondary drive. The folders are...
  6. What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in...

What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in...: After having attempted to install MS Flight Simulator via Xbox Gamepass and several Steam games to my secondary hard drive I've noticed that some of my games no longer launch and that there are Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders now appearing in my secondary...
  7. How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing?: I'm assuming it's from a recent windows 10 update. I delete it and it pops right back up in my Game drive (D). Is there a way to stop this folder from recreating itself? 165716
  8. Install WindowsApps into subfolder instead of root?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install WindowsApps into subfolder instead of root?: [ATTACH] Due to lack of storage, i have collected quite a few drives in my system over the years. Whats annoying about that is, when ever i install a single windowsapp (mostly games due to their increasing size) on a drive, Windows clutters the root directory full with...
  9. WpSystem folder

WpSystem folder: I am planning on cloning my windows drive to a different hard drive. As i was clearing off the drive i am going to clone windows to, there was one folder which didn't move. It is the WpSystem folder. When i attempted to move it, it said "your organization does not allow...
  10. I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders

in Windows 10 Support
    I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders: Hi, I think it's strange. In my C: these folders are protected, I cannot go inside them. Also, I know that Microsoft don't want users to go inside the folders related to the Modern App. I have many Modern Apps that are located to D: Today, I discovered that I have...