Windows 10: Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops

Discus and support Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Major U.S. computer company Dell Inc [DI.UL] said on Monday a security hole exists in some of its recently shipped laptops that could make it easy for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops

Read more: Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops

Source: Response to Concerns Regarding eDellroot Certificate

Brink, Nov 23, 2015
  2. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Nov 23, 2015
  3. cortana not working

i'm using a dell laptop to run a hole house ai and have tried all fixes on this site to get hey cortana to respond. All help needed.

DennisGrahampm, Nov 23, 2015
  4. Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops

Dual Monitors-Windows 10

My new Dell Tower and new Dell monitors are all up and working fine except that Windows 10 will not acknowledge the second monitor. I have active screens on both monitors but cannot adjust them to be extended because in the Display settings there is no
    acknowledgement of the 2nd screen and when I push the DETECT button it does not detect the 2nd screen. Does anyone have any ideas?

Oatmeal_746, Nov 23, 2015
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Nov 23, 2015
  6. diggy33 Win User
    It was on my Precision M3800 that I got about 3 weeks ago. I havent gotten around to wiping and doing a clean install on it yet, but was simple and easy enough to remove for now.

diggy33, Nov 24, 2015
  7. Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.thewindowsclub.com/windo...ellroot-80997/

Malware Protection Center: http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...rprise=0#tab=2

Cluster Head, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops

1. Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops - Similar Threads - Dell acknowledges security

2. new Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new Dell laptop: I’ve purchased a new Dell laptop. Could you help me with this questions. I cannot figure out how to take photos using it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-laptop/ddfa338b-d286-4f4c-9fb8-59dcc596ebfb
  3. Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole: I've just been upgraded to Windows 10 (May edition) from Windows 7. Having switched on "Show text suggestions" under Typing > Hardware keyboard I have found what I consider a potential security hole. At some point during setup I must have missed a tab when entering a User...
  4. Problems with activation on new dell laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with activation on new dell laptop: Bought a new dell inspiron laptop came with window 10 home tried to format it and place windows 10 pro in its place but the thing keeps bring up the windows 10 home with the same key . must be in the bios, How can I use my new key to get windows 10 pro installed ? ive tried...
  5. Purchased a new Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purchased a new Dell Laptop.: Hello, I originally signed up for Microsoft 365 a few years back. Added my wife to use additional account. She purchased a new pc yesterday. She used my user account and outlook email, psassword etc.. So the question i have is can i remove my info from her pc and add her...
  6. Facebook disables View As feature as it patches security hole

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook disables View As feature as it patches security hole: On the afternoon of Tuesday, September 25, our engineering team discovered a security issue affecting almost 50 million accounts. We’re taking this incredibly seriously and wanted to let everyone know what’s happened and the immediate action we’ve taken to protect people’s...
  7. Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes,offers fix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes,offers fix: Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes, offers fix | Network World Dell acknowledges a root certificate it installed on its laptops was a bad idea and is pushing a patch to permanently remove it. In a blog post company spokesperson Laura Thomas...
  8. Rabbit Hole

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rabbit Hole: I feel like Alice falling down the rabbit hole as I am researching information in the quest to fix/improve my laptop since deciding to go into the Insider Program. I am, for the most part, learning many aspects that I need and want to know, however, if seems too many...
  9. NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes

in Windows 10 News
    NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes: OpenSSL, arguably the world's most important Web security library with its support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) in such popular Web servers as Apache and Nginx, has had real trouble. First, there was HeartBleed and more recently there is...
  10. FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole

in Windows 10 News
    FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole: It seemed like such a good idea in the early 90s. Secure-Socket Layer (SSL) encryption was brand new and the National Security Agency (NSA) wanted to make sure that they could read "secured" web traffic by foreign nationals. So, the NSA got Netscape to agree to deploy 40-bit...