Windows 10: Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes,offers fix

Discus and support Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes,offers fix in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes, offers fix | Network World Dell acknowledges a root certificate it installed on its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes,offers fix

Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes, offers fix | Network World

Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0TC2L120151123

:)

Borg 386, Nov 23, 2015

2. cortana not working

i'm using a dell laptop to run a hole house ai and have tried all fixes on this site to get hey cortana to respond. All help needed.

DennisGrahampm, Nov 23, 2015
  3. Win10 App Notifications Don't Stick

This is fixed with v1607.

Microsoft - Thanks for fixing the bug, but it would've been much better if you had owned and admitted that there was a bug instead of sending me (and probably many other users) down a rabbit hole of troubleshooting, repairs, malware scanning, etc.

Bugs are inevitable and not desired, but understandable. Be kinder to your users and admit you have a bug that will be fixed rather than pushing it off on users!

elprice7345, Nov 23, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Borg 386, Nov 23, 2015
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Dell PCs root certificate security error widens as researchers dig deeper | PCWorld

Borg 386, Nov 23, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    You would think they would have learned from the Lenovo debacle.

simrick, Nov 24, 2015
  7. It seems kinda crazy they can own up to knowingly putting a vulnerability in place, apologize, and continue to do business. When will the world stop trusting them?

heypaleblue, Nov 25, 2015
  8. Borg 386 Win User

It's like someone over on 7 said, when you get a new PC, wipe the drive, put a clean version of Windows on it & you've eliminated all the crapware that came with it.

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell admits installing security hole on laptops, apologizes,offers fix - Similar Threads - Dell admits installing

2. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Security Hole: I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify...
  3. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Security Hole: I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify...
  4. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Apology for Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Apology for Microsoft: Hi there I hope you are doing well, I know that from all the microsoft products used globally, there is a high percentage of cracked versions being used,unfortunately I was ignorant about this subject, and it is a serious issue we should take into consideration religiously...
  6. Apology for Microsoft

Apology for Microsoft: Hi there I hope you are doing well, I know that from all the microsoft products used globally, there is a high percentage of cracked versions being used,unfortunately I was ignorant about this subject, and it is a serious issue we should take into consideration religiously...
  7. How do I prevent this security hole?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent this security hole?: Windows 11 prevented me from completing installation until I gave it a PIN. That's a bad idea, since that bypasses the username/password requirement to log in to this organization's equipment, so I need to remove it. How is this accomplished? Also, please don't try to justify...
  8. How do I prevent this security hole?

How do I prevent this security hole?: Windows 11 prevented me from completing installation until I gave it a PIN. That's a bad idea, since that bypasses the username/password requirement to log in to this organization's equipment, so I need to remove it. How is this accomplished? Also, please don't try to justify...
  9. NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes

in Windows 10 News
    NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes: OpenSSL, arguably the world's most important Web security library with its support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) in such popular Web servers as Apache and Nginx, has had real trouble. First, there was HeartBleed and more recently there is...
  10. Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops: Major U.S. computer company Dell Inc [DI.UL] said on Monday a security hole exists in some of its recently shipped laptops that could make it easy for hackers to access users’ private data. A pre-installed program on some newly purchased Dell laptops that can only be...