Windows 10: Dell Audio - Blank Screen

Discus and support Dell Audio - Blank Screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having trouble figuring out how to post this to the Dell community area, but who knows, this may help others with different brands fix whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SummerPlasma, May 21, 2019.

1. Dell Audio - Blank Screen

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post this to the Dell community area, but who knows, this may help others with different brands fix whatever audio program came with their computer (Dell Audio, HP Audio Control, or just the generic Realtek HD Audio Manager).

I won't bother with a back story, but I had to reinstall Windows 10 and for some reason, the Dell Audio program wasn't recognizing my headphones. Given that, the audio output wasn't optimized, thus making listening to music or gaming irritable as the quality was very poor (for my ears).

At times I was allowed to pick from this list, but nothing changed. The audio did output to my headphones, but it didn't switch to headphone optimized settings. Eventually, after a few driver and system updates, the program broke altogether.

There were a few pages with more missing content as well, but the ONLY WAY I was able to solve this was to uninstall the Realtek Audio driver and have it automatically reinstall.

This is what I expected to see, and what I was finally given (on a different tab):

I don't know how other audio managers work, but if they for some reason glitch out like mine did, uninstall the driver and restart your computer (it will make you). Hopefully this is useful. I love adding extra bass to things I listen to so it's easily understood how critical this program is for me. Again if anyone knows how I can post this on the Dell community page, please let me know!

:)

SummerPlasma, May 21, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, May 21, 2019
  3. michael Win User
    Is this problem with Dell 5558/9 Laptop Matee screen?

i7 6500u 6th gen
    16GB RAM
    2TB HDD
    4GB Graphics
    15.6" FHD Screen
    Matte screen
    DVD ROM
    MAXX Audio

Please suggest me any other laptop which comes closer to this except Dell 5559, i7 and 16GB RAM is must

michael, May 21, 2019
  4. Dell Audio - Blank Screen

Audio problem on Dell computer

@Stu - thanks for the detailed steps. I followed these last night and audio worked perfectly on my Samsung HDTV monitor. However, this morning audio is gone again, and performing the same steps again (even though the settings were already correct) doesn't
    restore audio.

The only audio options that work for me after the upgrade to Windows 10 are: (1) headphones in the analog audio jack, or (2) external speakers connected to the rear panel. Sound from the connected monitor are not really working.

I'm so confused as to who is actually controlling the audio - there are:

• DELL Audio drivers for the Inspiron PC
    • Intel Audio drivers
    • Realtek Audio drivers
    • Microsoft Audio drivers (?)
    No wonder there's a problem...seems to me they are fighting for control of the audio device!

NourishingStone, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Dell Audio - Blank Screen

1. Dell Audio - Blank Screen - Similar Threads - Dell Audio Blank

2. Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO screen is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO screen is blank: HiI have a Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO which I have remotely upgraded from 8.1 to 10 Pro to see if it would resolve the issue, the screen is completely blank.I can remote dial in with Teamviewer, the only options for the screen resolution is 640x480, which brings me to think there...
  3. Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO screen is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO screen is blank: HiI have a Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO which I have remotely upgraded from 8.1 to 10 Pro to see if it would resolve the issue, the screen is completely blank.I can remote dial in with Teamviewer, the only options for the screen resolution is 640x480, which brings me to think there...
  4. Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO screen is blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blank screen

Blank screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  6. My Dell laptop is showing a white blank screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop is showing a white blank screen: Hello,I have a Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop running Windows 10.My laptop boots up normally, but once it reaches the desktop, the desktop screen disappears, and a white screen pops up, and stays there. I did a system restore twice, but that didn't fix the problem. How can I...
  7. My Dell laptop is showing a white blank screen

My Dell laptop is showing a white blank screen: Hello,I have a Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop running Windows 10.My laptop boots up normally, but once it reaches the desktop, the desktop screen disappears, and a white screen pops up, and stays there. I did a system restore twice, but that didn't fix the problem. How can I...
  8. My Dell laptop is showing a white blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank screen: My screen is just blanked out after installing a theme.I cannot access to anything after restarting pc I created a restore point but to use that i can't access my screen.I tried windows key + ctrl + shift + B. But i got no response from it. Sometimes i am getting a gray...
  10. Screen blanking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blanking: When I view the screen at anagle from the side it looks all white and milky - If I look at it perpendicular screen it looks fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blanking/dedbb64f-e296-4928-afee-1546127d2121