Windows 10: Dell Battery stopped charging until almost at 0%

Discus and support Dell Battery stopped charging until almost at 0% in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Dell laptop battery stopped charging (while plugged in) until it is at almost 0% Any ideas? Thank you,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teacher 422, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Dell Battery stopped charging until almost at 0%

My Dell laptop battery stopped charging (while plugged in) until it is at almost 0%

Any ideas?

Thank you,

:)

Teacher 422, Sep 2, 2019
  2. tech2822 Win User

Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected)

Hi,

I have Dell ispiron 5537 , i5 CPU , 6GB Memory.
    My battery suddenly stops charging. And in bios it say not dell type battery.
    And if i turn on my computer than it says not charging.

Is there any way to fix this battery issue?

tech2822, Sep 2, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    Battery Not Charging

Not sure about ASUS, but I do know that Dell use a chip in their chargers now, to make sure you use an authentic Dell charger. These chips go bad, and your laptop will stop charging or charge at a very slow rate - so slow, that the only way to get the thing charged is to shut it down and leave it plugged in overnight.

And, batteries going bad, will stop charging.

simrick, Sep 2, 2019
  4. gordon99 Win User

Dell Battery stopped charging until almost at 0%

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Dell Battery stopped charging until almost at 0%

1. Dell Battery stopped charging until almost at 0% - Similar Threads - Dell Battery stopped

2. Battery stopped charging, Not recognized without power cable then charging 0% stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery stopped charging, Not recognized without power cable then charging 0% stuck: Hi, Please let me know if you think this is a hardware issue or a software issue. A few weeks ago my battery stopped charging randomly. I was not using my computer in an abnormal way, and I do not believe I received any major windows updates right before that could have...
  3. Battery stopped charging, Not recognized without power cable then charging 0% stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery stopped charging, Not recognized without power cable then charging 0% stuck: Hi, Please let me know if you think this is a hardware issue or a software issue. A few weeks ago my battery stopped charging randomly. I was not using my computer in an abnormal way, and I do not believe I received any major windows updates right before that could have...
  4. battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.: This keeps happening. Everything is fine at first when I plug it in, but then it starts to blink. The laptop keeps stopping the charging only to start again. I know it's not because of the battery or because of heat. The battery is fine, and it keeps happening even when the...
  5. battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.: This keeps happening. Everything is fine at first when I plug it in, but then it starts to blink. The laptop keeps stopping the charging only to start again. I know it's not because of the battery or because of heat. The battery is fine, and it keeps happening even when the...
  6. Battery stops charging.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery stops charging.: My battery stops charging at 68% and not charging more than that. What will be the issue. I have tried updating the drivers and runs the power troubleshooter, but still not charging more than 68%. Suggest me a solution please. My laptop - HP Omen 15-ce084TX Thanks....
  7. Windows showing battery 0% but charging.

Windows showing battery 0% but charging.: Hi, From today evening, I have been noticing something strange happening to my laptop. When plugged in, the battery shows 0% Plugged In, Charging. When I disconnect the AC input, the laptop turns off. Even after restarting the laptop, it doesn't seems to be solved. [IMG]...
  8. Battery stops charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery stops charging: Battery doesn't charge more than 47%, it is plugged in and shows charging sing but it does not exceed 47% even plugged more than 12 hours. I've done the hard reset and still yet nothing happens....
  9. 01 Minute until fully charged... With 0% charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    01 Minute until fully charged... With 0% charge: This issue has been driving me bonkers ever since I opened up my laptop for the first time in awhile to use it for school. I find out that not only is the battery not charging, but that its completely dead, 0% charge. I've seen that some people have had the same issue, but...
  10. Battery at 0%, plugged in not charging.

Battery at 0%, plugged in not charging.: Hi, Recently my battery has not been charging. Initially I would notice the battery status being "plugged in not charging". Removing the power cable and reinserting it would normally solve the problem. One night I plugged my laptop in to charge (while in sleep mode) and it...