Windows 10: Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login

Discus and support Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A few days ago Dell released a new BIOS for my 4 year old Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. The BIOS installed OK and the various Spectre checking utilities... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login

A few days ago Dell released a new BIOS for my 4 year old Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. The BIOS installed OK and the various Spectre checking utilities now show the PC is not vulnerable. However, it now takes a few extra seconds for the Windows login screen to appear when booting from power off (SSD system). The screen also goes blank for about 2s before the Windows login screen appears which it didn't do before the BIOS update.

I expect this is normal but I just wondered why the login is now slower and if others have the same issues?

:)

Steve C, Feb 27, 2018

2. windows 10 screen to big

I have the same problem, sceptre 32 tv as a monitor and all graphics drivers are up todate. My second monitor a dell 19" works fine.

MatthewHatcher, Feb 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 did a bios update and now won't allow me to signin

Windows can't do BIOS updates - those have to come from the company that built the motherboard (like Dell, Acer, Asus, HP, Toshiba, whatever).

What error message do you get when you try to login?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 27, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

I got the update for my Inspiron 15 5577 laptop and don't notice any difference. My Inspiron has a 7th gen i5 and an M.2 SSD for boot.

fireberd, Feb 27, 2018
  5. Try3 Win User
    Steve,

Have a look in the BIOS to check the setting for POST behaviour. Perhaps it was reset by the updated BIOS.

BIOSes vary but mine has these entries -

Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login [​IMG]

Denis

6. Steve C Win User
    Thanks but there are no Fast Boot settings in my laptop's BIOS

Steve C, Feb 27, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login [​IMG]

Thanks to the reminder from this very thread, I just now upgraded the BIOS on my Dell XPS 2720 to A14 as shown. Thanks, guys! I'll be blogging on the slow progress to addressing Spectre/Meltdown firmware fixes in my blog this morning, too, as a result. My score so far:
    1. Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Updated (twice)
    2. Dell Venue Pro 11 7130 Updated (twice)
    3. Dell XPS 2710 Updated (today)
    4. Asrock Z97 and Z170 motherboard desktops (still pending)
    5. Lenovo laptops (checking ... still pending, but on the list of platforms scheduled to receive firmware updates)
    6. Jetway mini-ITX desktop (no idea, haven't checked yet, will probably have to patch this BIOS myself)
    There you have it!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 28, 2018
  8. Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login

MikeMecanic, Mar 1, 2018
  9. fireberd Win User
    I don't think those "tips" have anything to do with this specific problem.

fireberd, Mar 1, 2018
  10. Steve C Win User
    I suspect the extra delay is by design. I've left a message on Dell Forums to see if others have the same issue.

Steve C, Mar 1, 2018
  11. fireberd Win User
    I looked at the Inspiron posts and didn't see another with the same issue, although since you posted someone may comment.

fireberd, Mar 1, 2018
  12. Flappy is 4 years old and should have Fast Boot. Mine is hidden in Security parameters.

This link shows how to access-enable Fast Boot. It was probably reset by the BIOS update

Dell Inspiron Bios Issue - setup - Laptop Tech Support

To enable Fast Boot:

1. When the laptop boots up, enter the BIOS setup by pressing "F2".
    2. Now go to the "Boot Configuration menu".
    3. Choose the "Enable Fast Boot".
    4. Press F10 to save the changes and exit.

F3 on startup seems also responsible for enabling-disabling it.

MikeMecanic, Mar 1, 2018
  13. Steve C Win User

There is no Fastboot option anywhere in the Dell Inspiron 7537 BIOS!

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login - Similar Threads - Dell Bios Update

2. Sceptre TV connects to my win10 PC, but not to my Win10 Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sceptre TV connects to my win10 PC, but not to my Win10 Dell laptop: Greetings all.As my subject states, I have a Windows PC and for a monitor I use a 40" Sceptre, model x405bv. I am able to connect this to my pc with no issue, however, when I attempt to connect it to my dell inpserion laptop, I get nothing. I am using a splitter between the...
  3. Sceptre TV connects to my win10 PC, but not to my Win10 Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sceptre TV connects to my win10 PC, but not to my Win10 Dell laptop: Greetings all.As my subject states, I have a Windows PC and for a monitor I use a 40" Sceptre, model x405bv. I am able to connect this to my pc with no issue, however, when I attempt to connect it to my dell inpserion laptop, I get nothing. I am using a splitter between the...
  4. Alienware (Dell) BIOS update

Alienware (Dell) BIOS update: Denis @Try3 I have started a thread here to try to better explain and not clog up Site Bugs. Site Bugs and Suggestions [4] Normally, since I've had this machine, about 3 1/2 years, BIOS updates are shown to me as part of the Alienware Update app or if I go to Dell Support...
  5. DELL BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DELL BIOS: I can’t access to bios of my DELL laptop. If I press the button during the restart I go to a weird BIOS, not the classic one. Maybe it's a DELL bios, but I can't do what I must do from this bios. https://imgur.com/a/3t1NU7p submitted by /u/brainsolf [link] [comments]...
  6. DELL & BIOS update - should I update BIOS?

DELL & BIOS update - should I update BIOS?: Hello, I have a Dell desktop XPS 8900, running the latest version (1903) of Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit . My new monitor is not detecting my display port cable, so I am using DVI. (The old monitor from 2007 didn't have a DP option.) I decided to check and see if I needed new...
  7. BIOS Dell

BIOS Dell: [IMG]And this is a full screen[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-dell/6024b2e5-3f2e-4afc-8093-e283380b6dc2
  8. Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum

Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum: My (short-fused) friend is having this problem, I'm not with the machine or able to see it, and he's gone to work now so I can't ask any questions. I am tasked with finding answers by the time he gets home, this is my first port of call. He has been having USB wired mouse...
  9. Dell BIOS update error 0x00000406

Dell BIOS update error 0x00000406: I just purchased a used Dell Latitude E6400 on eBay. It came without a hard drive, so I put in a brand new hard drive. The laptop had a valid Windows 7 Home Premium license, so I installed it and validated it using the product key located on the COA. Then I upgraded from...
  10. Dell BIOS Update - Should I ?

Dell BIOS Update - Should I ?: Windows 10 on a Dell XPS8900 desktop tower. I am getting a message telling me there is a Dell BIOS update available and recommending that I do it. In the systray, there is a Dell icon that says my system is up to date. Should I ignore the BIOS update? Sounds major and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to activate sceptre tv update bios