Windows 10: Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum

Discus and support Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My (short-fused) friend is having this problem, I'm not with the machine or able to see it, and he's gone to work now so I can't ask any questions. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clemenzina, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum

My (short-fused) friend is having this problem, I'm not with the machine or able to see it, and he's gone to work now so I can't ask any questions. I am tasked with finding answers by the time he gets home, this is my first port of call.

He has been having USB wired mouse problems for weeks/months: most often unresponsive but when it came to life yesterday he took the opportunity to run Dell Support Assist.

Via Dell Support Assist:

Dell XPS 8910 system bios

Installing...

This has been going on for many hours. Please advise if you can *Sad

:)

clemenzina, Sep 18, 2018
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Sep 18, 2018
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum

BIOS update

i have momo GA-945PL-S3P(rev. 6.6) BIOS version (f4)
    when i look in gigabyte website i found f5,f6,f7,f8 BIOS versions for my momo.
    do i need to update my BIOS version ?
    if i have to update, shall i install the last one (f8 ) or install each one ?
    is it risky to update my BIOS version because i have no experience in bois update , is there easy step to update my bois?

lover_pharaoh2002, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum

1. Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum - Similar Threads - Dell BIOS update

2. VSS ad infinitum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS ad infinitum: Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress. Error 8193Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  3. VSS ad infinitum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VSS ad infinitum: Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress. Error 8193Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  4. Alienware (Dell) BIOS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alienware (Dell) BIOS update: Denis @Try3 I have started a thread here to try to better explain and not clog up Site Bugs. Site Bugs and Suggestions [4] Normally, since I've had this machine, about 3 1/2 years, BIOS updates are shown to me as part of the Alienware Update app or if I go to Dell Support...
  5. DELL BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DELL BIOS: I can’t access to bios of my DELL laptop. If I press the button during the restart I go to a weird BIOS, not the classic one. Maybe it's a DELL bios, but I can't do what I must do from this bios. https://imgur.com/a/3t1NU7p submitted by /u/brainsolf [link] [comments]...
  6. DELL & BIOS update - should I update BIOS?

DELL & BIOS update - should I update BIOS?: Hello, I have a Dell desktop XPS 8900, running the latest version (1903) of Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit . My new monitor is not detecting my display port cable, so I am using DVI. (The old monitor from 2007 didn't have a DP option.) I decided to check and see if I needed new...
  7. BIOS Dell

BIOS Dell: [IMG]And this is a full screen[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-dell/6024b2e5-3f2e-4afc-8093-e283380b6dc2
  8. Dell BIOS update error 0x00000406

Dell BIOS update error 0x00000406: I just purchased a used Dell Latitude E6400 on eBay. It came without a hard drive, so I put in a brand new hard drive. The laptop had a valid Windows 7 Home Premium license, so I installed it and validated it using the product key located on the COA. Then I upgraded from...
  9. Dell BIOS Update - Should I ?

Dell BIOS Update - Should I ?: Windows 10 on a Dell XPS8900 desktop tower. I am getting a message telling me there is a Dell BIOS update available and recommending that I do it. In the systray, there is a Dell icon that says my system is up to date. Should I ignore the BIOS update? Sounds major and...
  10. Windows 10 loops between login and lock screens ad infinitum

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 loops between login and lock screens ad infinitum: Strange problem here. I have four Dell desktops set up the same way as my Dell laptops, however, the desktops all work fine but the laptops don't. I have the latest Windows 10 Anniversary Edition installed and the only way I can get it to work is by installing a basic build,...