Windows 10: Dell Built in Camera SX2210b monitor

Discus and support Dell Built in Camera SX2210b monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated my computer with an ACER and Windows 10; however, am attempting to use my DELL monitor w/built in camera. In Device Manager, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dan#FW, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Dan#FW Win User

Dell Built in Camera SX2210b monitor

I recently updated my computer with an ACER and Windows 10; however, am attempting to use my DELL monitor w/built in camera. In Device Manager, the Camera does not appear and the only option I get under Action is "Help". Not sure what is causing the camera to not appear. Attempter to download camera drivers but could not find exact match in Dell. SX2210b according to prior system..

:)

Dan#FW, Apr 13, 2020
  2. rayweir Win User

how do i turn on my camera - it is built in to monitor

how do i turn on my camera - it is built in to monitor. It's a dell computer and monitor

rayweir, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Dell Built in Camera SX2210b monitor

Built-in camera disappeared

Hi Karen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of your Dell computer?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    4. How is the camera connected to the computer?
    5. What is the make and model number of the monitor/camera?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if you are able to see the camera.

Method 1:
    Checking The Device Manager For Camera Drivers.

Open Device Manger > Expand Imaging devices
    > Look for the camera driver > Then, follow the steps mentioned in Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update the drivers for the camera.

If you are not able to see the Imaging devices, then click on the
    View tab in Device Manger and click on
    Show Hidden Devices

If the issue persists, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:
    Accessing The Camera Using The Camera Application.

Click on the Start Menu > Search for Camera > Hit
    Enter and check if you are able to use the camera.

Also, a few key combinations can disable the camera on your device.

• Tap Fn + F6 keys on the keyboard together and see if you can launch the Camera app.
    • Tapping F8 on few devices can also turn the camera on.

If you are still not able to find the camera, then follow Method 2.

Method 3:
    Camera Does Not Work In Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Camera does not work in Windows 10
    and
    Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software Guide
    check if you are able to find your camera.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after performing the above troubleshooting steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Dell Built in Camera SX2210b monitor

1. Dell Built in Camera SX2210b monitor - Similar Threads - Dell Built Camera

2. Cannot use monitor's Asus VK222H built-in camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use monitor's Asus VK222H built-in camera: I recently bought an old Asus monitor VK222H with a built-in camera which I want to use on my Lenovo Yoga laptop. Unfortunately, I cannot use the camera since there are no drivers for Windows versions newer than Windows 8, moreover, the software can only be used on Asus...
  3. Cannot use monitor's Asus VK222H built-in camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use monitor's Asus VK222H built-in camera: I recently bought an old Asus monitor VK222H with a built-in camera which I want to use on my Lenovo Yoga laptop. Unfortunately, I cannot use the camera since there are no drivers for Windows versions newer than Windows 8, moreover, the software can only be used on Asus...
  4. Built-in Camera

Built-in Camera: I cannot get my built-in camera to work, any suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera/65807bf2-7d58-47d6-a9c4-98ce8ad38a48
  5. built in camera

built in camera: Microsoft Surface- the camera light at top of computer white light will not turn off. HELP! There is no physical switch to turn camera off or on. It worked fine yesterday for zoom and this morning, nope....
  6. Built in Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Camera: My laptop has a built in camera and it says its front facing but my laptop doesn't have a front facing camera how do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera/953c9c78-0b6a-42b1-bc5e-78681a96a02f
  7. Monitor With Built In Camera ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor With Built In Camera ?: Hello, Anyone know of a perhaps < $200 Monitor we can use with a HP Laptops that has a built in camera (for Zoom,etc.) like the Apple Mac's have ? Running W10. Looked in Amazon, but couldn't find any. Are there ? Thanks, Bob 155849
  8. Dell Monitor Camera

Dell Monitor Camera: I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera. Suggestions or am I asking...
  9. Built in camera

Built in camera: Is there better or more robust camera software than the app that's built into Win 10? The Win 10 one has practically no options. I would like to set gamma, saturation, brightness, etc. The one built in has none of these....
  10. BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ks.sys dell built-in camera (creative driver?): guys i keep getting bsod when i plug this dell monitor usb cable (SP2208WFP) the usb cable is for builtin webcam+mic and also 4 usb port i tried download&install monitor webcam driver, that it said compatible for win7/8 but no work, it install webcam proggram okay, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mediacapturefailedevent 0x80070018