Windows 10: dell computer asking for startup password

Discus and support dell computer asking for startup password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; never seen this before 85055 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Iliveinmyhead, May 21, 2017.

1. dell computer asking for startup password

never seen this before

:)

Iliveinmyhead, May 21, 2017
  2. MikeS56 Win User

Windows 10 asking for password on startup

It looks like this maybe Malware that part of a scam i suffered a couple if weeks ago. I need to create a bootup disk so that i can clear the password from the system.

i cant create a bootup disk from the pc but i have a windows vista laptop with a DVDRW drive. Would this work?

i do have a set if recovery discs but not sure if that would lose all my personal files.

MikeS56, May 21, 2017
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, May 21, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

dell computer asking for startup password

Before windows has a family member set one?

Samuria, May 21, 2017
  5. kimkl Win User
    Startup?
    Bios password?
    or Login password?
    Most old dells have option to password protect everything from hd to bios or being able to update bios, i hate that *Biggrin

kimkl, May 21, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Can you close this thread and keep it all on the other thread its against our rules to multi post

Samuria, May 21, 2017
  7. yes. sorry. i started this new one cuz i thought it was more to the point

Iliveinmyhead, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

dell computer asking for startup password

1. dell computer asking for startup password - Similar Threads - dell computer asking

2. New computer is asking for a password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  3. New computer is asking for a password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  4. Computer will not startup and is asking for a boot device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not startup and is asking for a boot device.: Hello,For the past week when I go to start up my computer it shows the MSI logo as usual and then it takes me to the Intel boot agent. It has a lot of text on screen but ends with “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a...
  5. Computer asking for password again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer asking for password again: I turned on auto login in netplwiz and shut down my computer. The next day, I was confused why it was asking for my password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-asking-for-password-again/10305011-bbae-4a70-9db8-197f373bce99
  6. Computer asking for password again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer asking for password again: I turned on auto login in netplwiz and shut down my computer. The next day, I was confused why it was asking for my password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-asking-for-password-again/10305011-bbae-4a70-9db8-197f373bce99
  7. Computer asking for password again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup: I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz. However it still asks for it. I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time....
  9. Computer asks for password

Computer asks for password: Hey i rest my computer and now it asks for a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/computer-asks-for-password/0f2a89fa-576a-4083-8b0e-fd6f8491875f"
  10. Computer asking for password

Computer asking for password: About 2 months ago I turned on my computer and it was asking for an administrator password. I don't have one so I put it in the too hard basket and kept using my ipad instead. Now I have just turned my laptop on to see if it has the same message but instead in the middle of...